My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No or weak signal

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

blueman

About two wewks ago when I turned my box on I got the message The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak.I sorted that out eventually and everything was fine untill today I am getting the same message the aerial lead is plugged directly in the socket on the box so not sure what to try.The model number is HDR-1800T.I also have another box in the bedroom and that fine again the aerial lead is plugged into the right socket this model is PVR-9150T any advice appreciated.Thank's

| Sun 15 May 2022 11:10:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

blueman

Some more information that may help there are three devices connected up the TV a DVD Player and the Humax box as I said the aerial lead goes to the input on the box.All three devices are connected to a 4 four way splitter.I just got a picture back but it kept breaking up.The TV is a Sony KDL-42W653A and the DVD player is model number DP522H.Hope this might help if more info needed just ask.

| Sun 15 May 2022 11:59:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

blueman - 49 mins ago  » 
    About two wewks ago when I turned my box on I got the message The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak.I sorted that out eventually.

So what did you do then? Is there an amplifier somewhere in the aerial system eg masthead amplifier and if so is it (or its power supply) OK?

| Sun 15 May 2022 12:01:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

blueman

Ihave just done a factory reset on it and that seems to have worked

| Sun 15 May 2022 14:03:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

blueman

blueman - 2 hours ago  » 
    About two wewks ago when I turned my box on I got the message The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak.I sorted that out eventually and everything was fine untill today I am getting the same message the aerial lead is plugged directly in the socket on the box so not sure what to try.The model number is HDR-1800T.I also have another box in the bedroom and that fine again the aerial lead is plugged into the right socket this model is PVR-9150T any advice appreciated.Thank's

I just fiddled around with the leads and must have done something as the problem was sorted.

| Sun 15 May 2022 14:06:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

blueman

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 

blueman - 49 mins ago  » 
    About two wewks ago when I turned my box on I got the message The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak.I sorted that out eventually.

So what did you do then? Is there an amplifier somewhere in the aerial system eg masthead amplifier and if so is it (or its power supply) OK?

I just fiddled around with the leads and must have done something as the problem was sorted.

| Sun 15 May 2022 14:07:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

blueman - 1 hour ago  » 

Ok; that suggests there is something with a poor contact in the aerial cabling or the PVR. Have a carful look at the connector on the end of the aerial cable for starters.

| Sun 15 May 2022 15:53:59 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.