My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No Power

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

johns

I accidentally switched off my FoxsatHDR two weeks ago, then later received irritaed texts from family members that it would not switch on. Tested it when I came back home, including checking that fuse & power cable were not affected. Subsequently I have found out that if I leave it off for half an hour, I can get it to turn back on. Reminds me of overheating problems, but as long as I don't switch off (and now I don't) it continues to work normally.
    Is there any history of similar problems with the HDR?

| Fri 13 Sep 2013 11:30:09 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

New one on me, If you open the box there's a fan mounted in the hard drive carrier. Might be worth checking if it's clogged and give the interior a good vacuuming.

Mine's one of the original late 2008 models so it's been around a long time.

Welcome to the forum.

| Fri 13 Sep 2013 11:55:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

sounds like a leaking capacitor/s on the power supply.

I had a small form pc a while ago, if I left it plugged in it was fine, the soft on/off button on the front would switch it on.
    If I'd left it unplugged for any length of time then it would not switch on immediately, it would start up ~ 20-40 minutes later.

I lived with it for a while, but replaced the capacitors eventually as I didn't want to leave it on all the time.

On a Foxsat, I'd be inclined to leave it plugged in all the time and let it go into standby. Ideally it needs to be plugged in and left on or in standby anyway for what people here call housekeeping which isn't tidying up and hoovering when you're not looking, but updating the EPG, checking for updates, updating the recording schedule etc. etc. I always leave my Humax boxes left on unless I have a good reason to physically power them down.

| Fri 13 Sep 2013 14:30:22 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.