My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No power

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alan parker

Have been told by local repairers that main board has gone west and that they are unable to source a replacement therefore unrepairable. I find this hard to swallow. A supposedly quality piece of electronics just 3.5 years old and can't be repaired. Has anyone got any thoughts or advice on this matter please.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 12:25:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

alan parker - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Have been told by local repairers that main board has gone west and that they are unable to source a replacement therefore unrepairable.

So what problems is the box suffering from?

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 12:57:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alan parker

Martin, the box started going wrong by switching itself off and then randomly switching back on some hours later. By unplugging the mains and leaving it for some the box would eventually come back on when reconnected to the mains. Now however, as far as I can ascertain it won't power up at all.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 13:21:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

alan parker - 2 hours ago  » 
    Martin, the box started going wrong by switching itself off and then randomly switching back on some hours later. By unplugging the mains and leaving it for some the box would eventually come back on when reconnected to the mains.

I would say it is either

a) a main board fault (as your engineer suggested).

b) a power supply fault (which he may or may not have tested and discounted).

c) a front panel board problem. I haven't direct experience of this problem so see if somebody with more experience comes and offers an opinion.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 16:10:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

alan parker

Thanks Martin, I will put these points to the repairer when I collect the machine. I'll try Humax technical services next to see if I get any joy. Thanks for you help.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 11:29:53 #5 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I have had to replace a faulty front panel board on a HDR-FOX. The symptoms do include randomly switching on and off. I also found that the volume would go up and down, and the channel would change of its own accord. You also get scrolling if you enter any menus. As Martin Liddle said above, the problem could in any of the three major components (main board, front board or PSU).

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 12:38:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

alan parker

Many thanks for your suggestions.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 16:21:21 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.