My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No programme information

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 30 minutes ago  » 
    As I said, all very weird, they have appeared now. The box has been on since about 2pm.

Guessing it's a issue delivering the round robin epg data For BBC 1-HD to the transmitters to add it to each Mux. Anybody know this happens on Freeview ? A duff server somewhere in the setup ? Being serial a missing chunk of data will make a hole in the epg.

Earlier today I did notice missing data for the current programme but next and on was complete.

Seems very unlikely to be a software issue with the 5000T.

| Fri 9 Nov 2018 19:22:13 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

My past experience would tell me to think the box/software was to blame rather than a Freeview. Generally flicking around the channels causes it to come back again.

I have loads of no programme info showing after the next hour, all next is there though. I’ve been on the main HD mux for about an hour.

Samsung TV has a fully populated EPG when I just switched to it.

| Fri 9 Nov 2018 21:02:56 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AJ - 8 minutes ago  » 
    My past experience would tell me to think the box/software was to blame rather than a Freeview. Generally flicking around the channels causes it to come back again.
    I have loads of no programme info showing after the next hour, all next is there though. I’ve been on the main HD mux for about an hour.
    Samsung TV has a fully populated EPG when I just switched to it.

Flicking around the channels just delivers the same epg from a different Mux. That alone confirms the box is not at fault. The issue is data missing from the PSB 3 mux If the data it is not there in the PSB 3 data stream it cannot be displayed. All the mux carry the full epg if it's missing it has to be at the broadcaster end.

| Fri 9 Nov 2018 21:15:05 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I'm probably wrong as I'm not very techy but I just thought I'd let you know about something I experienced with my 9300t in case it is of any relevance to what is happening to you guys.
    My EPG used to fully populate 8 days with no problems for quite a few years but then it wouldn't anymore, it'd only show 3 days worth. It'd only populate for the next 8 days if I left it on a channel in that multiplex- for example if I wanted to set a recording for next week on ITV1, if I left it on any channel from that mutltiplex it'd then, after a while, fill in all the details for those channels, change channel and the information would be lost again. I looked online at the time and numerous people were suffering from the same problem but said as it was an old machine Humax wouldn't be putting any updates to fix the issue. As I said might not be the same thing at all but I thought I'd put it out there in case it was of any use at all.

| Sun 11 Nov 2018 13:30:18 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 
    Flicking around the channels just delivers the same epg from a different Mux. That alone confirms the box is not at fault. The issue is data missing from the PSB 3 mux If the data it is not there in the PSB 3 data stream it cannot be displayed. All the mux carry the full epg if it's missing it has to be at the broadcaster end.

Once bitten, twice shy. Many issues get dismissed as being something else at fault. But how often do the same subjects get raised with signal, no progamme info, logos (since fixed) noisy hard drive?

The reason these things keep being raised could point to the box software. Whilst we all very much like the box for the features that it gives, the fact that those logos got fixed just like that after being told it couldn’t be the box previously, means I would be just as suspect of software with this! Especially when seeing a fully populated EPG using the TV tuner.

| Sun 11 Nov 2018 23:52:52 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.