My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No recordings, no data storage, no factory default

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hummyhelp

I suspect I already know the answer to this but I (and my credit card) would just like to see if anyone else thinks the same!
    I have a HDR-FOX T2 which has suddenly stopped recording. I have no access to the media button on the remote control and the "data storage" under Settings> System is greyed out. I have tried a number of things (reboot/retune/software update/reinstalling software via usb) but have now (v reluctantly) had to reformat using factory default. It has been "processing" for nearly 2 hours now, this seems far too long. Is the disc "dead"/needs to be replaced (prob cheaper to get a new box) or is the problem with the box and should I try taking it to the local tv repair shop? Any advice/suggestions welcome.
    NB box is 3 years old & therefore out of warranty

Many thanks

| Wed 19 Aug 2015 17:57:46 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hummyhelp - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have a HDR-FOX T2 which has suddenly stopped recording. I have no access to the media button on the remote control and the "data storage" under Settings> System is greyed out.

The first thing I would do is install the custom firmware. The problem may be that the hard drive has died (straightforward to replace at a cost of around £60) or that the file system has got into a mess. The fix-disk tool in the custom firmware will give you a good idea which problem.

| Wed 19 Aug 2015 18:02:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hummyhelp

Thanks Martin

I must confess to not knowing v much about firmware - it's one of those things I seen mentioned often and thought "I must investigate that" but never seemed to have the time.
    I'm assuming there is a handy little "how-to" guide somewhere on this forum or somewhere else on the internet?

HH

| Wed 19 Aug 2015 19:10:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hummyhelp - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm assuming there is a handy little "how-to" guide somewhere on this forum or somewhere else on the internet?

Not on this Forum. PM sent.

| Wed 19 Aug 2015 20:15:51 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Can I just make one thing clear.

We have no objection to hummy.tv being mentioned or linked to on this forum as long as posts do not contravene our rule as posted here.

| Wed 19 Aug 2015 21:21:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hummyhelp

Success!

Just followed instructions and it all re-appeared.

(My grandchildren will be very proud of me - and possibly a bit concerned that I did this without them!)

Many thanks Martin.

HH

"It's not how old you are but how you are old" Jules Renard

| Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:36:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hummyhelp - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Success!
    Just followed instructions and it all re-appeared.

Excellent.

| Thu 20 Aug 2015 14:52:35 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.