My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No Recordings..again.

(17 posts)
  1. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi,
    With me living in N.Ireland I can receive all RTÉ Channels.These channels start on 800 to 810 etc...
    When I,m veiwing these channels there is no information on the TV Guide,only the channels slected(800/810)..I have to change channels to BBC etc...to view and to carry out program recordings.
    This situation is not good..for when I even hit record to record any channels 800+ the box doesn,t see these and no recordings take place.
    Is there any way around this...as it,s driving me mad.
    When I,m viewing RTÉ their programmes can been seen on the Guide...all others are not...Vise-versa when viewing BBC etc..No RTÉ programmes are on the guide.
    This has happened a few times with failed recordings..even when watching the same channel(RTÉ1) and hitting the record button.

Many Thanks..

| Tue 27 Aug 2013 16:26:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The only suggestion I can make is to ask in the Custom Firmware threads of Hummy.TV. The experts who contribute to this are possibly the only ones who might have a clue how to make both epgs usable at the same time or if it's even possible.

Out of interest if you try and set a wake up timer while viewing a Freeview channel can you see the RTE channels and vice versa ?

If so it may be possible to try a workaround.

| Tue 27 Aug 2013 17:23:59 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Graham, as you know I know nothing about the T2 but is padding a possible (poor) work around.

| Tue 27 Aug 2013 17:31:50 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Graham, as you know I know nothing about the T2 but is padding a possible (poor) work around.

Not sure but from the OP's post it seems as if he can use see the RTE epg only when tuned to a RTE channel (and possibly can't set a recording reservation either). The Freeview epg is only visible when tuned to a sub 800 Freeview channel.

It seems similar to the Foxsat non-freesat situation but if left on a 800 plus channel Freeview recordings don't happen.

I wonder if all the channels are available when using Freeview channels allowing a manual recording of an RTE channel. Can a manual recording of a RTE channel be set while viewing one ?

Without moving to Ulster and having a good play the OP will have to be a little nore precise as to what works and what doesn't

eg

If the box is permanently left on a Freeview channel do series and other recordings work OK ?

If a Freeview series/AR recording is set does selecting a 800 plus channel and then putting the box in sby stop the recording happening ?

Ditto for a Freeview manual recording and a autopadded one.

Can RTE channels be recorded at all ?

The UI is quite similar to the Foxsat in some ways, in others very different.

| Tue 27 Aug 2013 18:16:57 #4 |
  5. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi grahamlthompson,
    Thanks for replying....
    I,ll take on-board all your points and thru the day I,ll try and test.
    Done a re-tune just now...When it ends..Multiple Regions is greyed out.
    Northern Ireland,GBR is also greyed out but can Hit OK..and channels save.
    I have set a recording on Ch 803,while unit is tuned to BBC 1 (Ch101)
    I,ll let you know how that goes.
    In the meantime I,ll have a look at the HummyTV forumn and see if I can find anything more on this issue.
    Thanking You...

| Wed 28 Aug 2013 9:54:08 #5 |
  6. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Gerrymac - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi grahamlthompson,
    Thanks for replying....
    In the meantime I,ll have a look at the HummyTV forumn and see if I can find anything more on this issue.
    Thanking You...

No joy with that recording...:(

| Wed 28 Aug 2013 14:04:52 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gerrymac - 2 minutes ago  » 

Gerrymac - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi grahamlthompson,
    Thanks for replying....
    Thanking You...

No joy with that recording...:(

I suspected it may well not work. If you leave the box on a Freeview channel do the recordings work OK ?

Can you see the RTE channels if you try setting a manual recording while viewing a Freeview channel.

| Wed 28 Aug 2013 14:10:06 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Try this thread from hummy.tv Hummy.tv link and in particular the posts from user "Border". I think you will have to use padding (ie Menu>Settings>Preferences>Recording and set Start Padding Time and/or EndPadding Time to a non zero value).

| Wed 28 Aug 2013 14:55:11 #8 |
  9. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

@grahamlthompson...a maunal recording can,t happen..while I,m viewing Freeview No RTÉ channels are visible...When viewing RTÉ I can choose to record from the Guide but the humax Needs to be kept on RTÉ for the recording to happen.As soon as the recording has started,I can then move channels to Freeview and record from there if I wish...

@ Martin....I have all the values set to zero in padding cause all recordings were ending early either manually/timed.

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 14:35:12 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Interesting. Can you try an experiment, set watch timer on Freeview just after a RTE recording set in the next step is due to start, switch to RTE and set a recording and put the box in sby. Does the box wake up and display the Freeview channel you set a watch reservation on.

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 15:02:51 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.