My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No Recordings..again.

(17 posts)
  1. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

I,ll try that tomorrow....On night shift atm so the body clock is strained a little...

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 16:32:47 #11 |
  2. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Right...just did a little experiment...had channel on RTE...hit guide>timer...scrolled to BBC 1 and set timer.Then hit back to RTE...and put humax in s/b mode.
    Waited for recording to start....machine stayed on s/b..no red recording light.
    Switched system on...and looked in media...it had recorded BBC1.
    Then tried this in reverse,without turning system off...both ITV and RTE programmes recording at the same time..icon on top left of screen told me.
    I,ll try your suggestion tomorrow.
    Cheers

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 18:49:06 #12 |
  3. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi,
    Think I have found a solution to this....Have to go through Guide,then select Scheduel and manually enter what I want to record.It doesn,t matter whether I,m watching Freeview or RTÉ..
    Would I have to change the Padding for this cause I just start recording about 2mins before the programme starts.
    Thanks for all your help on this issue..just have to remember Not to record direct from TV Guide...:)

Cheers

| Sat 7 Sep 2013 12:03:32 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sammaguire

I also live in NI but don't have Gerrymac's RTE recording problems. Yes, I have to tune into a RTE station in order to see the RTE guides but I can then record and can set recordings using the guide. My RTE though is on channels 792 up while his are in the 800 range. Could the problem be with the transmitter. being in South Derry I use the Carlingford transmitter MUX52 and also get RTE1, 2 and TG4 (no TV3) from Belfast Black Mountain MUX 39 From MUX39 the channels appear on the channel list at 51, 52 and 53 The EPG is complete whether watching RTE or BBC
    Hope this helps

| Fri 3 Jan 2014 13:42:21 #14 |
  5. Gerrymac

Gerrymac

Hi Sam,
    I,m in Armagh and get these channels on 52,53+51.My HD RTÉ 1+2 are in the 700/800,s..with a lot of "Unknown" channels added.

Cheers

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 17:49:18 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Redrob

This link shows the MUX for Saorview http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056427289.

I watch and record Saorview and Freeview on my Humax HDR T2. To set up I used a manual scan scanning the Freeview MUXs' first ( in my case LCN 49, 50, 54, 58, 59 and then for free view T2 55. )

Manual tuning menu]settings]installation] pin Manual Search and when on Channel 55 I change the 'Transmission' setting from DVB-T to }DVB-T2.

I then scan the saorview muxes (in my case MUX 42 and MUX 45) but change the 'Transmission' setting back to DVB-T. This sets up the saorview channels in the 800's. Some of the unknown channels are not yet used so I delete them. menu}settings}Edit Channels}Edit Channel List.

For recording from BOTH Saor and Free view the recordings MUST be padded. menu}settings}preferences}recording}start padding time 1 Mins
    menu}settings}preferences}recording}end padding time 2 Mins.

This example will start recordings automatically 1 minute before the scheduled EPG start and end 2 minutes after the EPG scheduled end.

If the default 0mins for a freeview recording the HDR will scan the signal to indicate that that freeview programming is starting (however if you are watching Saorview that freeview start is never signaled).

If the box is not used on a daily basis for freevie2 and saorview you may find the schedule and series links are skipped or don't update.

| Sat 25 Jan 2014 0:16:26 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

You can set a daily timer or a reminder to get the EPG topped up every day for padding.

| Mon 27 Jan 2014 17:18:08 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.