My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No satellite signal

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndseylou88

Hi, i was told that it was possible to pay for sky sports on my humax box, and proceeded to look it up online... i came across a forum that gave instructions which claimed i could receive channels from more than one satallite!?! I did this and it took me to the 'antenna settings' by pressing the coloured buttons on my remote in sequence and then change ( i cant remember which one) to disque!?! That then deleted all my channels and now i cannot pick up a signal at all, even after doing a 'factory reset!'!!! I didnt really think about it at the time, but i suppose that what i did was 'hacking' and wondered can freesat block my box??? Otherwise any suggestions as to how to sort it?? Thanks x

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 10:03:05 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyndseylou88

***Diseqc

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 10:09:31 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To watch other satellites you need to have either a seperate offset lnb aligned on whatever satellite you want or a second dish and lnb or a motorised dish. A diseqc switch is used to connect these to the Foxsat. It's not hacking, the box is designed to be capable of operating as a free to air satellite receiver. Surprised a factory reset didn't get you going.

Two suggestions. Open the secret menu - Menu/Setup Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue.

Antenna Setting - Should be Fixed Antenna - change if wrong

Connection Type - Two Cables (same) - change if wrong.

If that fails you could try reflashing the firmware.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=65

To get Sky sports you would need a valid Sky viewing card, a CAM to fit in the Foxsats CI slot and a Sky Box to keep the card alive. It would have to go in the Sky box periodically.

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 11:22:57 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.