My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No Signal

(4 posts)
  1. seekyboy

seekyboy

Hi everyone

I have just upgraded my 9200 which after many years of service has finally died, to the HDR-Fox T2. However, I believe I have a faulty unit, so before I send it back I wanted to check your collect wisdom that I am not done something fundamentally stupid!

The issue is that on the second day after setting up my new machine, when I turned on the TV, a message appeared on the the TV screen dispaying 'No Signal'
    I thought at first is was the coaxial cable between the Humax and the TV, in which I replaced later that day. However this message has re-appeared several times since.

I know there is no problem with the aerial itself as when this is plugged straight in the TV I have a perfect signal (Strength 10)

I have also re-tuned the Humax, but this has not resolved the issue.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Seekyboy

| Fri 7 Sep 2012 21:55:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dandnsmith

A point to check:
    If your TV is getting its aerial signal as a feed-through from the Humax and it is just sometimes you get the no-signal message, then check whether it is happening when the Humax has put itself to sleep (because it hasn't been used for a while).
    If this is so, then you need to check the power settings on the Humax and what it says in the manual - the pass-through will only occur under the correct conditions, and I think you need to stop the power-saving while in sleep mode (inviting, and green tho' it looks).

Derek

| Sat 8 Sep 2012 8:07:54 #2 |
  3. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

If you are using the tuner in the TV when the Humax is in stand-by (Amber centre colour) the Humax must have MENU  Settings  System  Power Management >> Power Saving in Standby = off

| Sat 8 Sep 2012 16:44:08 #3 |
  4. seekyboy

seekyboy

Thank you both for your wisdom

I have as you have suggested, and it is working once more

I loved my old 9200, but the HDR fox is in another league. It's awesome!!!

Thanks again

Seekyboy

| Sat 15 Sep 2012 21:39:57 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.