My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

"No signal"

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

F 3rR8ee

I live in the North of Spain. So, no freesat. My Foxsat hdr always worked perfectly in the UK, everywhere in France. It worked here to, for a while on astra 1, 19E. I know my dish is properly aligned as it works on a different sat receiver but when I switch to foxsat it will not recognise any signal at all.

But, it does work when the aerial is connected by loop-through via my old sat receiver, a Pace DS810XE. Wrestling with this problem I did factory reset it as a last resort. It didn't do any good and now when it turns on it invites me to retune everything as it tells me there is no signal. It only works when I reset it to "non-freesat." It has the latest upgrade - 1. 100.21. Yes, I know it's primarily for astra 2 freesat but it also works perfectly well on other satellites. Yes, I know to disconnect the power before disconnecting the lnb. Most grateful for help!

| Fri 6 May 2016 13:08:57 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You will not be able to reset your Foxsat-HDR any more and use Freesat mode because the required Freesat home transponder is now on a UK spot beam. Presumably you cannot now receive this transponder. It should continue to work as a non freesat receiver for any free to air channels that you can point your dish at. For 28.2 E look at the list here.

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

Transponders marked Europe should be usable.

Welcome to our forum.

| Fri 6 May 2016 13:35:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

F 3rR8ee

I know I can't use freesat any more. I can't get astra 2. No matter, I can get astra 1 which has many German channels I want, including free formula one!

I can update the foxsat on Humax's channel on astra 1. Updates are not the problem - I know I have the latest one.

What I need to know is why, oh why, oh why the foxsat hdr will only work when connected through aerial loop-through via another satellite receiver! I tried it on Hotbird, just to check. Sure enough, foxsat tells me there is no signal. When I find it using another, old, sat receiver, the foxsat still registers no signal at all, unless it is connected via the old receiver. I can't understand this. Can you?

Peter

| Wed 11 May 2016 12:32:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

F 3rR8ee - 39 minutes ago  » 
    I know I can't use freesat any more. I can't get astra 2. No matter, I can get astra 1 which has many German channels I want, including free formula one!
    I can update the foxsat on Humax's channel on astra 1. Updates are not the problem - I know I have the latest one.
    What I need to know is why, oh why, oh why the foxsat hdr will only work when connected through aerial loop-through via another satellite receiver! I tried it on Hotbird, just to check. Sure enough, foxsat tells me there is no signal. When I find it using another, old, sat receiver, the foxsat still registers no signal at all, unless it is connected via the old receiver. I can't understand this. Can you?
    Peter

Have you setup the box connection options using the hidden setup menu. When you reset the box and it failed to setup due to no home transponder it will have reset everything. What happens when you do a manual tune using the fta and network search option ? The reset will have deleted all your stored channels.

I take it you are using an old sat box loopthrough to provide the box with a feed to tuner 1 in. Is the old box on or off ? If on it will be providing lnb switching so the Foxsat will have no lnb control.

| Wed 11 May 2016 13:21:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

F 3rR8ee

Thank you for your thoughts. The foxsat works when connected via loop-through from the old sat receiver, ie. the aerial feed goes into the old receiver, out and into lnb 1 on the foxsat. This works well when the old sat receiver is unplugged. I'm thinking about what you say. I think I'll try,..............another factory reset.

Peter

| Wed 11 May 2016 14:43:34 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

F 3rR8ee - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for your thoughts. The foxsat works when connected via loop-through from the old sat receiver, ie. the aerial feed goes into the old receiver, out and into lnb 1 on the foxsat. This works well when the old sat receiver is unplugged. I'm thinking about what you say. I think I'll try,..............another factory reset.
    Peter

You cannot do a factory reset, it will fail because the box is unable to carry out the postcode validation. Access to the home transponder is required which you do not have.

The problem has to be with the f connector on the cable direct to the lnb. Possibly because it's thin WF65 cable and the centre core is failing to make contact (a slight kink in this can help). The old box is merely acting as a f to f connector and the short cable used to connect to the foxsat is connecting to the foxsat. I would refit the f connector.

| Wed 11 May 2016 14:56:37 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

F 3rR8ee

You're absolutely right. The f connector core was suspiciously short - I had thought, if it works, it works. Well, it does now! So, that was it. Congratulations. Many thanks for your help. You know a Lot about this kit.

Peter

| Wed 11 May 2016 15:34:59 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.