My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No Signal after factory reset

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

The General

Hi. I recently carried out a factory reset on my Foxsat HDR as we were not always receiving the guides and timer recording often failed. The signal strength was excellent however with a large dish and all other components replaced in the last few years. The receiver was working normally so I thought it would be safe to try a factory reset. Problem 1. After the reset, the postcode was not accepted. I tried different postcodes. Problem 2. No channels were found in both manual and Freesat tune. Strength 0%, Quality 0%. It was over 90% before the reset. I live in Northern Italy and have a good technician to set up the dish so I know all is well with the hardware. Any ideas please?

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 13:24:36 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Some time ago the Freesat home transponder was moved to a UK spot transponder as are now most of the main channels. This transponder is required to download the postcode database.

You are unlikely to be able to access a UK spot beam transponder without a very large dish,

https://satfi.co.uk/coverage/

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 13:33:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

The General

Thank you Graham. Wish I had left it alone now!

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 13:54:22 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The General - 8 mins ago  » 
    Thank you Graham. Wish I had left it alone now!

Without the home transponder it would have got more and more out of date. It would not get the overnight housekeeping updates. example ITV-HD recently moved to lcn 103.

Has you asked first there is a data stream Freesat info from the home transponder on channel 999. That would have identified the reset would not work if you did not have it.

You need to find out locally if it's even possible to get reception.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 14:08:20 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

The General

Thank you Graham. Is it possible to boost the signal somehow? I was receiving a very strong signal this morning so maybe it just needs a boost to get the U.K. spot signal.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 14:58:35 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The General - 39 secs ago  » 
    Thank you Graham. Is it possible to boost the signal somehow? I was receiving a very strong signal this morning so maybe it just needs a boost to get the U.K. spot signal.

Normally the only practical way is increase the size of the dish. How big is the one you have ?

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 15:00:35 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

The General

I think it is 1m, possibly 1.1m

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 15:20:03 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The General - 1 min ago  » 
    I think it is 1m, possibly 1.1m

That doesn't seem to be that large. Have you spoke to a local installer or expats in your area.

| Wed 6 Jan 2021 15:23:39 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.