My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

"No signal" message

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizzieL

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I did search, but having just joined the forum, don't really know my way around yet. I have has a FVP 4000T for several years and has only failed very occasionally (power cuts, my own ineptitude in programming etc- nothing I can really blame It for). It has sat in the same room in the same place all its life. The aerial goes into it, then to an ancient Panasonic recorder then to the TV. About a year ago I started getting a message "saying recording failed due to no signal", but only on BBC4 (SD). But there was nothing wrong with the recording. I was recording a weekly series which was the first programme after the channel started broadcasting in the evening and giving it a few minutes start before the programme. I put it down to the message appearing because there really was no signal for the first minute or so until BBC4 started broadcasting. Last Monday when there were thunderstorms about in the country, I recorded a programme on BBC2 (HD) on the Humax, BBC2 (SD) on the Panasonic - it's too old to have HD - and watched it live on BBC2 SD on TV. Although we had no power cut or even thunderstorms where I live, there was a few seconds break at the same time on all three devices, so I suspect the transmitter was affected by storms. Both recorders picked up where they left off after the break, but the Humax reported it had no recording. Again it was partly true. But since then I have been getting the same message after several programmes- all on BBC channels both SD and HD. In each case there is no problem at all with the recording. I did a complete retune not long ago when BBC did something to their HD channels. Has anyone any idea why this is happening, please? Although it is not affecting the recordings at the moment I'm worried it could be a symptom of trouble to come.

| Fri 16 Jun 2023 8:28:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LizzieL - 1 hour ago  » 
    But since then I have been getting the same message after several programmes- all on BBC channels both SD and HD. In each case there is no problem at all with the recording. Has anyone any idea why this is happening, please? Although it is not affecting the recordings at the moment I'm worried it could be a symptom of trouble to come.

If the Humax notices even a tiny glitch in the recording stream it will show a message; it isn't anything to worry about if the recordings are watchable. I doubt that it is a portent of future problems. A more typical sign of future problems is when the playback is broken up but there is no message.

| Fri 16 Jun 2023 10:22:53 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.