My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

"No signal" on standby

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

danco01

I'm still getting used to my HDR Fox T2, which behaves differently from the 9200 in some unexpected ways.

It is connected by SCART to my TV (old but good, does not have HDMI). It seems that if it is in standby mode and recording, then the TV shows with "No Signal" and a blue screen.

As far as I can remember, when recording in standby on my 9200, the TV did have a signal.

I am wondering what the best thing to do to deal with this situation, whether there is a setting on the Humax. Of course if I am only recording one program, I can always turn the Humax on and watch another program. But sometimes I want to record two programs and use my TV to watch something on a channel that the Humax can't get at that time.

| Tue 9 Aug 2011 21:53:44 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Use the TV remote to switch the source back to the TV.

One workaround to stop the Fox auto-switching the source input is to cut Pin 8 on the SCART lead. But that means you will need to manually switch the source on the TV. If your TV remembers which source it was last using before last being put into standby this is not such a chore.

| Tue 9 Aug 2011 22:05:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

danco01

It does seem a backward step, as this issue did not arise on the 9200 so there seems no reason for it to exist on the Fox.

I was hoping for a simple, set and forget, solution by adjusting some setting. I agree that there are manual ways round the issue, which are not difficult, just that they have to be done each time one needs things.

Anyway, Gomezz, you confirm that this is the way the HDR Fox works, and I have not done anything wrong in my settings.

| Wed 10 Aug 2011 10:01:41 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Are you trying to watch TV via aerial, or scart....if aerial then turn off the power saving in standby feature on the HDR Fox T2.

Menu
    Settings
    System
    Power management

| Wed 10 Aug 2011 10:09:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

danco01

I will double check, but I am almost certain that power save on standby is off.

| Wed 10 Aug 2011 20:46:38 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.