My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No signal when recording

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejjt

Got a 500 freesat recorder a few days ago. When I record something I get " Bad signal or no signal " what is the problem?.

| Tue 18 Sep 2012 20:25:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I assume you've got a Foxsat-hdr/500, sounds like there's only one LNB sat cable connected correctly or the box is set up for one cable only.
    Make sure both cables are connected and work properly. Under Menu, system, diagnostics, you'll be able to see the signal strength. It may be worthwhile doing a factory reset and going through the initial setup again.
    If you only have one cable from you dish then at times you won't be able to get all the programmes if the tuner is recording, in any case you should get/have a small loop cable to loop/connect LNB 1 to 2 on the back of the box.
    You need 2 cables from the dish for the box to work 100% correctly

Let us know if there are any problems after trying the above

| Wed 19 Sep 2012 11:46:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejjt

We have a very old Sky dish with one cable running from it. Is they a device on the market where we don't have to have a new dish. How much would it cost to replace the dish with a new HD Sky Box. What is this loop cable?. Thanks for the help.

| Wed 19 Sep 2012 18:03:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

davejjt - 18 minutes ago  » 
    We have a very old Sky dish with one cable running from it. Is they a device on the market where we don't have to have a new dish. How much would it cost to replace the dish with a new HD Sky Box. What is this loop cable?. Thanks for the help.

It's just a short piece of coax with a f connector on each end. It connects the centre socket on the box (tuner 1 out) to the other spare socket (tuner 2 in). See bottom of page 16 in the user manual. Without it the second tuner has no feed (the box assumes the loop is present). You don't need a new dish but the lnb (the box on the end of the arm) will need changing from a single lnb to a quad one with 4 outputs and a second cable running if you want 100% twin tuner capability.

See

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Wed 19 Sep 2012 18:27:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

davejjt

Just ordered a loop cable. Will see how that goes.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 6:06:33 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.