My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No sound

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsycola

Has anyone any idea why I might have lost the sound on my box? The TV volume is turned up and the box's volume is set at maximum. Is this just another feature of this box?

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 16:32:06 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

patsycola

Problem solved. It's obviously another built-in feature of this crappy piece of kit. Switching it off at the wall and then switching it on again brought the sound back. I can't imagine why Humax thought this would be a good feature to build in.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 16:39:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi patsycola,

I know this a common fault the Humax 2000T on the HDMI with the sound, but this a first with the 4000T freeview play box.

Glad you got it sorted.

| Sat 8 Oct 2016 20:57:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I had this problem about a week ago. Switching between SD and HD channels along with switching and playing SD and HD recordings for a few seconds fixed the problem. Unfortunately I cannot remember exactly what bit fixed it, but I'll pay more attention next time.
    It happened again two days ago; however no amount of switching or powering off helped. I noticed that sound was not available on SD only transmitted channels, but available on HD and SD channels transmitted alongside HD (i.e. SD on the same HD Mux).
    I checked the fvp4000t volume and this was set at minimum instead of maximum. Obviously the fvp4000t shouldn't have lost this setting.
    Next time it happens, I'll check the fvp4000t volume first, switch between SD/HD channels, check stereo/dolby-digital in the audio general settings before trying powering off or resetting etc.

| Thu 13 Oct 2016 14:50:20 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.