My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No Sound !

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Studon

I have a T2 connected to an AV system (Yamaha) along with a FOX SAT HDR and a DVD player.

Problem is there is no sound when T2 is selected on the AV system, video is OK. FOX SAT and DVD player work OK. Initially it worked OK.

If I swap T2 port with FOX SAT port, T2 still no sound but FOX SAT is OK.

Put a completely different HDMI cord on, Still no sound.

As the FOX SAT cord is OK, I swapped that with the T2 cord - still no sound from the T2.

I connected the T2 direct to a TV hdmi input and I can get sound.

I'm thinking is there a mismatch between the T2 and the AV. Has anyone got any thoughts before I ask Yamaha ?

Studon

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 20:14:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Studon - 2 hours ago  » 
    I connected the T2 direct to a TV hdmi input and I can get sound.
    I'm thinking is there a mismatch between the T2 and the AV. Has anyone got any thoughts before I ask Yamaha ?

What is the Audio output format on the Humax (Menu button>Settings>Preferences>Audio)? Does it work if you choose the alternative setting?

| Sat 27 Jan 2018 22:49:51 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have two HDR-FOX-T2's connected to a Yamaha AV receiver - no problem with audio at all.

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 15:53:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Studon

Martin

I checked what you suggested, on my T2 the option is stereo or multi channel. No change, but it emitted sound when connected to the TV.

Just to be sure I put on a new HDMI cord, no change. However as the Yamaha has five ports set up as three and two I connected T2 to port four and it works ok !

For some reason the Yamaha does't like the T2 in ports one two or three.

Graham

How old is your AV rec ? I only bought mine last week, makes me think I might have a software issue.

Studon

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 16:28:15 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Studon - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Martin
    I checked what you suggested, on my T2 the option is stereo or multi channel. No change, but it emitted sound when connected to the TV.
    Just to be sure I put on a new HDMI cord, no change. However as the Yamaha has five ports set up as three and two I connected T2 to port four and it works ok !
    For some reason the Yamaha does't like the T2 in ports one two or three.
    Graham
    How old is your AV rec ? I only bought mine last week, makes me think I might have a software issue.
    Studon

About 3 yrs old. RX-A840 Aventage

| Sun 28 Jan 2018 16:56:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Studon

I eventually downloaded up to date software on my AV RX-V683. T2 works all be it in port four.

Studon

| Tue 30 Jan 2018 17:06:14 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.