My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

NO SOUND HDR 2000T

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Samnatjoshdan

Hi

HDR-2000T is a xmas present and has been boxed since initial quick try few weeks ago.

I have it connected to my Sharp LED Aquos TV, via v4 HDMI cable.

On initial power up I have sound on all channels.

However ...

If I put the TV into standby mode, and then power it back on again ... I have no sound on any channels on the HDR-2000T
    also
    If I alternate between the various HDMI channels on my TV (ie to watch a bluray) and they come back to HDMI port connected to the HDR-2000T I have no sound on any channel

I have replaced the HDMI cable and tried various HDMI ports on my TV ... nothing fixes this issue.

The only way to fix is to power recycle the HDR-2000T (but problem reoccurs as soon as I turn TV off)

Any ideas on how to resolve??

Thanks

| Wed 25 Dec 2013 15:15:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try opening the TV setup option in the box menus and turn off surround sound. Now turn down the TV volume using it's remote control. Turn up the Humax box volume to max using it's remote control. Now turn up the TV volume with it's own remote to a suitable level.

Does this resolve the issue ?

| Wed 25 Dec 2013 21:12:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Samnatjoshdan

No this didn't work
    I disabled surround sound.
    But as usual everytime I power tv on/off I get no sound from the humax.
    Only way to resolve is to power cycle the humax
    Thanks

| Wed 25 Dec 2013 23:12:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

markhodgson

I had the same issue with my HDR-2000T and contacted Humax Support, who suggested a reset. I was sceptical, but it did cure the missing sound issue. I have appended the instructions from their email below.

However, I had a similar problem recur last night which, added to some other niggles (sporadic green screen requiring power cycle; very noisy HDD), I am having the box replaced on Monday by the retailer.

<<<< Reset procedure >>>>

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

Please find the instructions below to reset your box.

Please NOTE: System settings such as screen ratio will be reset, if you have a recorder then the Schedule will be deleted but recorded programmes will be saved,

• Press MENU on the remote,
    • Using the directional buttons move and select Settings,
    • Select installation,
    • Enter your Password (Default is “0000”)
    • Choose Factory Default with the OK button
    • Select ‘YES’
    • Enter your Password (Default is “0000”)
    • The unit will restart, please allow up to a minute for this to happen,
    • Please choose your preferred language,
    • Please adjust any display settings as necessary and then choose NEXT,
    • Allow the automatic search to finish and Save the results,
    • Apply any network settings if needed – Only applies to those with Ethernet cable connected, Then choose NEXT,
    • Please check the settings and choose FINISH,

| Fri 24 Jan 2014 13:57:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Samnatjoshdan - 1 month ago  » 
    Only way to resolve is to power cycle the humax
    Thanks

It's been suggested elsewhere that the HDR-2000T has HDMI handshaking problems with some TVs. You might try momentarily disconnecting the HDMI cable instead of power-cycling the Humax.

| Wed 29 Jan 2014 14:10:37 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bill13Taylor

No sound via HDMI to Phillips 40PFL9704H
    Most of time can get sound by
    1. Start instant record
    2. Power of Humax
    3. Wait over 1min
    4. Power up Humax
    Usually comes up with sound to TV via HDMI

| Sun 8 Feb 2015 13:29:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I'm assuming you're looking for advice rather than giving advice on how to get sound via HDMI on the Phillips 40PFL9704H ?

the 40PFL9704H is around 5-6 years old, so I'm assuming the Humax hdr2000t is a new addition ?

there's a firmware upgrade for the philips from 2010, check and install if it's on older firmware

if that doesn't help, switch off hdmi-cec easylink on the philips

if that doesn't help, let us know what happens if you toggle through (switch through) the hdmi inputs on the philips, does it re-sync the audio.

Also let us know whether 'no sound via HDMI' happens everytime when you want to use the philips/humax, exactly how it happens, is the philips switched off at the mains or left in standby, which device do you switch on first and how

| Sun 8 Feb 2015 14:45:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bill13Taylor

Damian Thanks for your response.

I was giving a workaround that works for me most of the time.

My brother is in communication with Humax about this. He has asked me to make the following points:

TV firmware was updated and this error appears on all 5 of the TV's HDMI inputs when used with the 2000T

Humax supplied lead was also tried, rather than an expensive one.

The only other piece of HDMI kit that fails in a similar way, out of 8 items, is a Humax Freesat - important to tell them that at least.

You can also mention this issue was part of a support call, email and voice, where assistance was promised and they would get back to me but hasn't since the week before Christmas

| Sun 8 Feb 2015 16:25:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Bill13Taylor - 34 minutes ago  » 
    I was giving a workaround that works for me most of the time.

thanks for clearing that up.

Humax does have a problem with hdmi/hdcp and aren't going to fix it, well they haven't yet, and it's be going on for years for a minority of users.

Like you/brother, I have a fair amount of hdmi devices and only Humax causes problems around hdmi. The problem is the ridiculous, forced upon us, hdcp and the way Humax have implemented it around cascading and edid. None and I repeat None of my other many hdmi devices has problems only ever the Humaxes

No amount of changing the hdmi cable will help, expensive cable will just cost more, the digital signal doesn't magically improve unless you've got a really grotty cable

Switching off cec/easylink might help, using a different hdmi input may as well, factory resetting (no format, take a note of the schedule first with camera phone or alternative) and setting the resolution to 1080i on initial installation might just fix it, the philips afaik is a 1080i not 1080p. Powering up in a different order may help. I used to find powering up another hdmi device, allowing that to sync and then switching to the Humax would work, but it's all trial and error. 5 hdmi inputs are a lot, you may find there's actually two hdmi real inputs and one of them is fed via a 4 port hdmi hub internally, impossible to say without a diagram for it, and if it does have an internal hdmi hub you want to be plugging the Humax into the proper single direct hdmi, daft as it sounds you may find adding an extra 3/1 cheap auto hdmi switch (£10 or less) between the humax and philips helps. All of this trial and error, I'm afraid.

Out of all the stuff that's been thrown at you the factory reset and setting the resolution to 1080i on installation wizard, and if that doesn't work 720p, is the most likely to make a difference. People will say they don't have to do that or you don't have to do that or you can change the resolution in the menu... all well meant and said by people who have never experienced this particular problem.

let us know how you and/or brother get on

| Sun 8 Feb 2015 17:59:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have had a few issues with our 2000T whereby although the box appears to start up i.e. blue light, when I select the HDMI input on the T.V. there is a big fat nothing - total blank screen.

Switch it back off, wait a couple of minutes, press start on the remote and this time I see the splash screen followed by successful boot.

I continue to be unimpressed by the operation and quality of this product. It's not a patch on my HDR-1000s and it comes a distant second to our Panasonic HWT-120.

| Sun 8 Feb 2015 22:56:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.