My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

NO SOUND HDR 2000T

(23 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

zoot661

I have encountered a similar problem when connected to a LG TV via HDMI

It appears to happen if you start the 'box' with the TV in standby mode. However, it does not always cause a problem, so I suspect that it is a timing issue in the negotiation phase of the HDMI connection (if you turn the TV on within a few seconds of starting the 'box' it seems to work ok).

When the sound does fail it only seems to be necessary to power cycle the 'box' (turn it off (for about 10 seconds) and on at the mains), leaving the TV switched on

| Sun 12 Apr 2015 20:45:11 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

As reported previously I had a similar problem. My 2000T did not like the fact I was using a HDMI hub, although that being said, provided I switched on the TV before the 2000T there was never an issue. I think this definitely does confirm the theory that this is a Handshake issue with the Humax. Funnily enough my Humax Freesat box is not affected.

Once I connected the 2000T to the TVs HDMI port directly (Panasonic TV, Viera Link off) the problem has been cured. It now makes no difference which device is started first, audio is always present.

| Mon 13 Apr 2015 9:09:45 #22 |
  3. Archaepon

Archaepon

Faust - 1 week ago  » 
    As reported previously I had a similar problem. My 2000T did not like the fact I was using a HDMI hub, although that being said, provided I switched on the TV before the 2000T there was never an issue. I think this definitely does confirm the theory that this is a Handshake issue with the Humax. Funnily enough my Humax Freesat box is not affected.
    Once I connected the 2000T to the TVs HDMI port directly (Panasonic TV, Viera Link off) the problem has been cured. It now makes no difference which device is started first, audio is always present.

Thanks! Having read all the above posts I now realise that my spanking new Sony W series will NEVER 'talk' to my Humax! I have just had the sound issue as well and resolved it by unplugging the Humax etc. Amazing that when I used SCART connections my big old Sony lump used to auto switch connections when the devices were powered up. HDMI? hmmm

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 15:32:14 #23 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.