My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No Sound with new television

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hollie292

I sometimes get no sound when I turn my new tv on. I have to turn it all off at the plug and wait a few minutes, but that is not convenient when I am recording.
    I Contacted Humax support who firstly told me to connect box via ethernet cable and update. Tried this and would not work. Now tell me that I need to download software onto a USB pen but it has to be FORMATTED in FAT32. Has anybody tried this and got a success please. I do not even now what FAT32 is!!!!!!!

| Mon 9 May 2022 16:19:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

StuartZ

I have not tried this, but before you go down that route it is probably worth checking what version of software you have. Go into MENU -> Settings -> System -> System information.

It should show the following:

Software Version UKTFAC 1.01.20
    Loader Version UKTFAC 1.04
    Update Date 08 Jan 2018
    MICOM Version 12.4

If your settings are as above then the update is probably irrelevant.

You don't need to know what FAT32 is. To format a USB pen to FAT32 insert it into a Windows PC, open file explorer, right click on the drive and select Format. In the window that pops up the second box from the top will probably say FAT32, in which case close the window. If it does not say FAT32 then select FAT32 from the drop down list and click Start. NOTE: This will destroy ALL the data on the USB pen.

Now go to https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/ and follow the instructions to download and install the update. Note that the instructions talk about a "zip" file. I think that this may be wrong and it will simply download the file you need to load into your pvr.

Good luck.

| Tue 10 May 2022 10:34:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Hollie292 - 20 hours ago  » 
    Has anybody tried this and got a success please.

Yes, many have had success trying this. I only recall seeing one report of it not fixing the issue, and it sounded as though that person may not have updated the software.

Hollie292 - 20 hours ago  » 
    I Contacted Humax support who firstly told me to connect box via ethernet cable and update. Tried this and would not work.

If your settings are not as StuartZ stated then you could leave the Ethernet cable connected for a couple of days while you attempt to use your HDR-2000T as best you can.
    The 'Update' option in the menu won't trigger an update via the Ethernet cable.
    For most it takes less than 30 minutes for the HDR-2000T to realise there is more recent software but some have reported it not noticing until the next day

When it realises there is more recent software then it will display a message on the TV screen asking you if you want to update. If you reply 'Yes' it will then update, if your reply 'Later' it will not ask you again and you will have to use a USB pen.

| Tue 10 May 2022 13:11:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hollie292

Thank you Stuart Z and Luke.

My software version is the old one from 2017 so definitely needs updating.

I will try the the ethernet connection again as Luke suggests as I did not leave it connected for very long - just managed to set it up with a little difficulty and when nothing happened I disconnected it. It means moving the box upstairs and connecting it to a television with extension leads and a very long ethernet cable.

| Tue 10 May 2022 13:42:33 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.