My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No TV signal unless box is switched on?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

Hi, newbie here.

Got my HUMAX FVP 4000T on Tuesday to replace my knackered LG HDD recorder and so far it has done everything I want it to do. However the only regular caveat I have is that I cannot get a standalone signal on my TV (LG Smart TV 24MT48S PZ) without switching the 4000T on first, only then it works. They are connected by an HDMI cable.

Apologies if this problem has been discussed on these forums before but I couldn't find it via a search. Is this a regular issue or have I done something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

| Sat 9 Sep 2017 14:20:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Press the HOME button. Select SETTINGS and then System Settings.
    Then in Power Management set Power Saving in Standby to 'Off'. When set to On the product will not supply the loop through aerial signal to your TV. (Page GB24 of my copy of the manual.)

Humax have to default this setting to 'On' because of UK consumer electronics power usage legislation. Your LG recorder probably pre-dated when the legislation came out.
    Unless you are in a weak signal area a cheaper option, and the 'green' option, is to split the aerial lead with one split going to the TV and the other going to the FVP-4000T.

| Sat 9 Sep 2017 14:51:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MIB

That did the trick! Thanks so much!

| Sat 9 Sep 2017 15:00:01 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.