My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No weak or no signal

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Hi there, I'm getting intermittent (though increasing) "no signal etc" on certain channels like Channel 5, More 4+1 and some others. BBC 2 seems fine but ITV HD can be intermittent. This has only really started happening since I switched to a single feed using the loop for extra recording back in the summer. I got sky in but still use the Freesat box for certain channels like Channel 5 (!) and BBC 4 HD which has to be tuned in in Ireland. Anyway, I doubt its's a problem with the cable as the one to the skybox is fine. When I go to Diagnostics it says one tuner is 85% and the other 90% from memory. thanks.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 16:26:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Davide

The single feed shouldn't really create issues on the signal.
    I think it may be a an issue with the freesat signal.
    Since I wrote my last post here I, somehow, recovered all my channels. They simply came back which makes me believe there was an issue in the area I live in or with the signal itself.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 21:58:38 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Davide - 40 seconds ago  » 
    The single feed shouldn't really create issues on the signal.
    I think it may be a an issue with the freesat signal.
    Since I wrote my last post here I, somehow, recovered all my channels. They simply came back which makes me believe there was an issue in the area I live in or with the signal itself.

When you went back to single cable, did you do a factory reset ?

In settings - Signal Info what does it say at the bottom

Freesat box connected with ? cable.

| Mon 28 Nov 2016 22:00:12 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

wm77 - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hi there, I'm getting intermittent (though increasing) "no signal etc" on certain channels like Channel 5, More 4+1 and some others. BBC 2 seems fine but ITV HD can be intermittent. This has only really started happening since I switched to a single feed using the loop for extra recording back in the summer. I got sky in but still use the Freesat box for certain channels like Channel 5 (!) and BBC 4 HD which has to be tuned in in Ireland. Anyway, I doubt its's a problem with the cable as the one to the skybox is fine. When I go to Diagnostics it says one tuner is 85% and the other 90% from memory. thanks.

Do you have a Foxsat rather than a HDR-1xx0S series.
    Did you do a factory reset after switching to single cable?
    Do you leave your unit in standby overnight?

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 5:06:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Thanks for replies. I don't think I did a factory reset after going to single cable. It's a Foxsat HDR. I don't turn box to standby as I was having trouble with it starting up.

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 10:52:12 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

wm77 - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for replies. I don't think I did a factory reset after going to single cable. It's a Foxsat HDR. I don't turn box to standby as I was having trouble with it starting up.

Without being in standby at 03:00 GMT the Housekeeping wakeup will be missed and channel and transponder changes will be missing.

Without the factory reset your unit will assume two cables another possible cause of "no or bad signal"

Make a note of your sch3edule and do a factory reset which will also do a freesat tune.

What problems do you get on startup?

Admin: please move this and related posts to a Foxsat-HDR thread.

| Tue 29 Nov 2016 11:04:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Hi. Has taken a while to get back to you. I did factory reset. Not resolved. I have three cables from dish. As mentioned sky box signal is fine. Issue seems to be only with certain channels. BBC and channel 4 seem fine. Intermittently it works fine. Quite strange.

| Mon 19 Dec 2016 19:58:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Update: it seems to be channels on Horizontal polarity predominantly. Going on the above info. I suppose it's an LNB problem.

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 14:32:21 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wm77 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Update: it seems to be channels on Horizontal polarity predominantly. Going on the above info. I suppose it's an LNB problem.

Can you confirm,

Sky-Box has two cables and you have a subscription and can therefore record ?

Number of cables connected to Freesat box in Diagnostics ?

Also does your missing channels reappear if you turn off the power to the Sky box ?

| Wed 21 Dec 2016 14:44:45 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Hi graham. Sorry for late reply. Have been away. Thanks for the response. Sky box has two cables. And can record, yes. Freesat has one cable with loop setup. In diagnostics it shows tuner 1 and two with exact same frequency polarisation etc. Is that what you mean? Is that the problem?

Also, with sky box off signal deteriorated a lot on freesat. Even channels on vertical were poor. Once sky box was back on signal improved. ?thanks for any help.

| Sun 15 Jan 2017 14:25:26 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.