My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No weak or no signal

(19 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

At the bottom of the signal info screen how many cables does it say you have ?

Intrigued by the sky box being off it made the signal worse (they are never off).

Can you check the Foxsat with the Sky box disconnected from the mains ?

| Sun 15 Jan 2017 16:40:51 #11 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Barry, see #18 - wm77's posts concern a Foxsat-HDR.

Admin Edit: all moved to this new thread.

| Sun 15 Jan 2017 17:11:29 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Hi there. Thanks for reply graham. Not sure where you mean to see signal info. Am looking in system and then diagnostics. Bottom of screen shows tuner 1 and tuner 2 but both have same frequency polarity etc (10802, H , 22000, 5/6. One shows 90% strength, the other 85%. Both 100% quality. But this can change intermittently.
    Re other question, with sky box plugged out signal deteriorated. Recovered once plugged back in. Thanks

| Wed 18 Jan 2017 21:20:46 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wm77 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi there. Thanks for reply graham. Not sure where you mean to see signal info. Am looking in system and then diagnostics. Bottom of screen shows tuner 1 and tuner 2 but both have same frequency polarity etc (10802, H , 22000, 5/6. One shows 90% strength, the other 85%. Both 100% quality. But this can change intermittently.
    Re other question, with sky box plugged out signal deteriorated. Recovered once plugged back in. Thanks

Turning off the Sky box at the mains and the signal gets worse suggests there is a issue with your Foxsat-HDR providing power to the LNB.

Try this with the Sky box disconnected from the mains.

Menu - setup - right to select Freesat tune.

Press Red Green Yellow Blue Green Yellow Blue. Press OK on the Antenna Setting.

What does the Antenna Type and Connection Type say ?

| Thu 19 Jan 2017 0:23:15 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Hi. Antenna type is fixed antenna. Connection type is one cable. Should I change that? Thanks.

| Tue 24 Jan 2017 23:35:37 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

wm77 - 9 hours ago  » 
    Hi. Antenna type is fixed antenna. Connection type is one cable. Should I change that? Thanks.

No, exactly as it should be for one cable.

How far apart are the HDR and Sky units?
    With the Sky unit disconnected can you try one of it's feeds on the Foxsat.
    Check also that The Foxsat is correctly connected to LNB1 IN?

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 9:34:58 #16 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Graham,
    Following on from your thoughts - that the signal improves when the Sky unit is on.
    There is no way one LNB circuit should interfere with that of another feed.

Do you think this suggest that the LNB is starting to fail (on that feed anyway)?

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 10:31:34 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Graham,
    Following on from your thoughts - that the signal improves when the Sky unit is on.
    There is no way one LNB circuit should interfere with that of another feed.
    Do you think this suggest that the LNB is starting to fail (on that feed anyway)?

There is a way, some Sky boxes are known to have power supply issues creating dirty DC output. It doesn't affect the Sky box itself but does affect other kit connected to the lnb. Turning it off at the mains removes the issue on other kit.

Could well be the lnb itself.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 10:39:54 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

wm77

Hi guys,

Thanks again for your feedback. I didn't really want to go messing with the lnbs as the skybox has been working fine and I'm primarily using that for TV these days. However, I turned off and plugged out skybox again and that seems to have resolved the problem. I'm crossing my fingers it will stay that way. All the vertical channels are back. More 4+1, BBC 4, Channel 5HD etc. Which is great.

It's weird because disconnecting the skybox before only made the freesat signal worse as mentioned above. Thanks for your help.

| Thu 9 Feb 2017 12:26:46 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.