My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Noddy's Guide to watching BBC iplayer

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

machiavelli

I would be very grateful for anyone who can give me a short tutorial on viewing old BBC programmes via my Humax 500GB PVR (Downstairs).

I have BT Total Broadband 2 via a 2.0 Home Hub upstairs, to which my desktop is connected by one of 4 Ethernet sockets. I also have a WiFi-enabled Acer Netbook, which I thought I could use somehow to avoid a house-length Ethernet cable.

I really have no idea where to start. For example - How do I access iplayer in the first place, and how would I connect up between telephone line and PVR?

I have more or less mastered normal operation of the Humax, including addition of an external HDD for archiving films.

Many thanks

| Mon 28 Nov 2011 18:38:08 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

machiavelli

Have seen this on a more recent post (New User:) - "Q2 - Connect an ethernet cable to the rear ethernet socket (there is only one place it will fit). Connect the other end to your router/hub. Go to channel 901 for the NNC iplayer. Follow on screen instructions."

Using Homeplugs, is it as easy as this? When in use, is this satellite channel (901) in use, or can I record ANY other channel at the same time (I only have one LNB dedicated to Astra 2 at present)?

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 19:54:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

machiavelli

I now have a pair of homeplugs, and access to iPlayers was automatic (eventually - I think I was 'synchronising' the homeplugs for too long).

Haven't yet tried recording and downloading from iPlayer yet but, thinking about it, I assume that there would be no constraint as the iPlayer presumably requires no tuner!

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 18:50:58 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.