My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Noisy when Off

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

I love my new you view box but do have a big gripe. When it's in standby mode it has a constant background whirring/humming noise. This is very noticeable as its in my bedroom. Have had to turn it off several times but think I might forget to turn it back on and miss some recordings.
    Is this normal? Has anyone else noticed this noise?

| Thu 4 Apr 2013 21:30:18 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

You have Eco Mode set to Low which means the box never spins down the hard disc hence the noise. If you change to Eco Mode High then the hard disc will spin down a few minutes after you put the box into standby. It will then be totally silent and yet still wake up to make recordings (obviously it makes noise when recording). However in Eco Mode High the box takes longer to switch on, and the iOS App for setting remote recodings ceases to work (very annoying that).

| Sat 6 Apr 2013 19:33:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Hi Owen-thanks for the reply. If I try to change Eco mode it says I have to disconnect all mobile devices but doesn't tell me how to. Could you please help me out? Going to be very annoying if IOS app stops working because that's one of the great features, the remote recording. Maybe Humax will sort this at some point! If I do disconnect Fone can I just reconnect at any time?

Thanks

| Wed 10 Apr 2013 20:47:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

Ah sorry just seen the mobile devices bit of settings but question about reconnecting phone still stands please.

| Wed 10 Apr 2013 20:50:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

In Eco Mode High the iOS remote recording will stop working completely. If you then reconnect a phone it will force the DTR-T1000 back to Eco Mode Low. You have to choose between Eco Mode High and remote recording setting, you cannot have both

You can disconnect a phone in the mobile devices menu, there should be a list of them somewhere in Settings and you highlight each in turn and disconnect them. I have done it some time back but I forget how.

| Thu 11 Apr 2013 0:27:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

You can reconnect the phone again later, but it will force Eco Mode Low again. Just realised I hadn't really answered that.

| Thu 11 Apr 2013 0:28:49 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.