My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Not able to complete "Freesat Tune"

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzie

Hi all, any help would be greatly appreciated. The problem:

I had an on screen message a couple of days ago informing me that new channels may be added etc. I selected OK and the search routine started, result saying no channels found and then back to the "new channels" message. I did this several times and the box just seemed to be going round in circles. I tried turning off and disconnecting everything before restarting and it just goes back into the same cycle. I have completed a factory reset and still the same problem of "no channels found". The signal strength and quality are both showing as 100%. I have no problems with tuning and accessing non-freesat channels. I have tried the software update option which comes up as none available. My software is showing as 1.00.03 and loader as U 7.50.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and save me from considerable earache and possible divorce!

Thanks in advance. Oz

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 10:00:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum.

Using manual tune locate transponder 11427 H (may say 11428 H), this is the freesat home transponder, what signal strength and quality do you get. Also check adjacent horizontal transponders (in case you have a lnb issue).

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 10:45:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzie

Thank you very much for your very prompt response Graham.

As requested I have checked the freesat transponder and both strength and quality are reading 100%. For information, I have a quad LNB with one feed going into a small Bush Freesat Box in the kitchen and have Freesat there with no problems, even after re-tuning.

Thanks again.

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 11:02:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Intriguing - so when you did the reset your box verified your postcode but then went on to find no channels at all ?

Are you still able to view existing recordings ?

Are there any missing channels at all on the other freesat box ?

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 11:10:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzie

Thank you again Graham for your continued interest.

After reset, the Post Code was verified and then into the search mode. The progress bar stays at 0% and shortly after the message of no channels found it goes into the re-boot mode before starting the cycle again.

I can access and view all my existing recordings.

I have not noticed any missing channels from the other box....but then again we only ever watch the "main" channels so would not notice any that may be missing.

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 11:35:25 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Clutching at straws now and running out of ideas. Power off the Foxsat using the mains switch back left and leave it off for around 15 minutes. Switch back on, the box should boot for a short period to reset the clock. Now try a freesat re-tune.

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 11:56:21 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Ozzie - Do you leave your Foxsat in standby overnight?
    1.00.03 is very very old.
    I am not sure what is the latest version - here is a link to a much updated version http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd/Foxsat-HDR_1.00.21.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 12:18:11 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzie

Bingo! I have updated the software as suggested by REPASSAC and, after a few false starts, I now have a working Freesat system.

A big "thank you" to you both for your time and effort in helping to resolve the problem........finger's crossed it's fixed.

PS I do leave the box on stand-by overnight.

Cheers,

Ozzie

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 13:44:04 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ozzie - 1 minute ago  » 
    Bingo! I have updated the software as suggested by REPASSAC and, after a few false starts, I now have a working Freesat system.
    A big "thank you" to you both for your time and effort in helping to resolve the problem........finger's crossed it's fixed.
    PS I do leave the box on stand-by overnight.
    Cheers,
    Ozzie

I should have picked up on the software. Barry until relatively recently ran a Foxsat-hdr deliberately on the old firmware precisely because it announced channel line up changes(see the changes thread).

The later software updates channel changes silently overnight during housekeeping so you didn't know something had changed.

| Fri 16 Oct 2015 13:48:46 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.