My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

'not connected to the internet' - help?!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

climbingrose

Hi everyone – brand new user here... please could you help me?

I’ve had a Foxsat HDR for around 18mths with no problems. Now all of a sudden I’m unable to any On Demand channels as it says it’s not connected to the internet.

I use a dLAN500AV+ Homeplug to connect to the internet. I’ve checked that this is working (by connecting it to my laptop). I’ve also updated the firmware for the Homeplug, using a different port on the Homeplug and a different Ethernet cable but nothing has worked.

If I go to the Network Menu it gives an Ethernet ID, but all the other lines say 0.0.0.0. When I try to configure the Ethernet nothing happens when I try to configure with DHCP. I have no idea how to go about doing this manually!

Any suggestions? Yours hopefully!

PS - I don’t really want to do a factory reset on the Foxsat box as I have programmes I want to get off the box (but haven’t worked out how to do this yet, that’s the next job ;)!)

| Fri 24 May 2013 14:56:23 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I would start with the factory reset, this will not affect recordings already saved to HDD, but will delete recording schedule, and reset any other user settings you have changed.

| Sat 25 May 2013 9:45:38 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would try rebooting your router as well.

| Sat 25 May 2013 10:47:48 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.