My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Not Enough Space To Download ???

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pauljoan

Have converted a file to .ts format (with .nts and .hmt), file size 269 MB but went to down load using Windows Explorer with Media(\\FOXSAT-HDR) showing as Z Drive and message say there is not enough space only 61MB available.. The box shows 60% only used and is quite happy recording stuff.
    Any solutions welcome.

| Tue 17 Jul 2012 20:51:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pauljoan

Just giving this a bump.
    Still cannot transfer any file over 61MB onto Foxsat HDR. In Explorer it clearly shows only 61MB available (untrue) so will not allow copy and past of anything larger.
    Can I only upload to box using USB memory stick or am I doing something wrong.
    (out of love with Humax box due to the bug causing me to miss recording cycling from Olympic channel)
    Regards

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 18:42:33 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you are using latest version of AV2HDR then you can ftp direct to the video folder. This also auto corrects the .htm to point to the correct location.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 19:16:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pauljoan

Thanks for info. I believe the version I am using is several years old so will try the latest version.

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 9:53:04 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Paul - Can you try mapping the share directly as \\FOXSAT-HDR\Video (and not as a sub-folder of Media). I would appeciate you trying this and letting us know the resuly and the version of samba on your foxsat.

Can you also tell me if the windows file properties look normal?

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 11:20:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pauljoan

In reply to Grahamlthompson
    Have installed V 1.6 of AV2HDR (was using V1.0)
    On highlighting HDD the transfer failed with the following message "Connection to HDR Using 102.168.0.3 on Port 21 Failed"

In reply to REPASSAC
    Have successfully mapped as you instructed, the properties look ok and have cut and pasted the required (3) files for a short video clip. Video shows up in mapped drive and in Media Browser of Raydons HDR software, BUT no sign of it when viewing media list via actual HDR unit. Any ideas?

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 1:05:26 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You cab't cut and paste the them just like that. The hmt contains the path to the .ts. If using the web interface you browse media files you will be able to correct the path by renaming the file using the opt+ function. You can leave teh name unchanged and the path will be corrected.

Re: FTP either it is not running or installed (Check the services tab) or you gave the wrong connection details. Which ftp server did you install?

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 6:57:09 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pauljoan

Thanks REPASSAC.
    Ref cut and paste, have done the renaming and it now shows up and actually works.
    Ref FTP, you were right, "TinyFTP" was installed but not switched ON. FTP transfer now works a treat. Thanks for advice.

PS is it possible to create a folder on the HDR to hold all transferred videos. (eg same as all episodes from one program are held in a folder).

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 14:12:01 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes - you can do this with ftp.
    Some users are having other problems with copying to a samba share.
    Can you post your Windows version and service pack level please and confirm the version of samba installed in Package Management. (2.2.12?)

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 14:22:31 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pauljoan

Sorry REPASSAC but have just installed some alternative software on Humax today so no longer possible to view the details you are requesting, but running Windows Vista.

| Tue 31 Jul 2012 0:14:15 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.