My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Not pausing/recording or able to acess planner

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluerreyes

Hi,

Can someone please help with my issue. I am unable to access the media button, pause live TV or record anything. I am still able to use the TV guide but when I select media button nothing happens, however when I hit the pause/rewind/forward button a circle with a diagonal line through it appears in the top left of the screen. I have tried various firmware changes using an USB pen.
    I have done a factory restore with no changes.

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 11:26:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bluerreyes - 10 minutes ago  » 
    Can someone please help with my issue. I am unable to access the media button, pause live TV or record anything. I am still able to use the TV guide but when I select media button nothing happens, however when I hit the pause/rewind/forward button a circle with a diagonal line through it appears in the top left of the screen.

I would guess the hard drive has either died or the file system has gone read only. First thing to try would be the hard disk test and see what that says. Your options after that are to install the custom firmware and run fix-disk or to try and format the drive.

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 11:39:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluerreyes

Hi Martin,
    Thanks for quick response. Could you advise how I do Hard disk test and if necessary the custom firmware run fix-disk?

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 11:44:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bluerreyes - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for quick response. Could you advise how I do Hard disk test and if necessary the custom firmware run fix-disk?

Hard disk test: Menu button>Settings>System>Data Storage>HDD Test

Custom firmware: start at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Overview

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 11:53:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluerreyes

Unable to access data storage it is greyed out on the menu screen. Any ideas?

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 12:00:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bluerreyes - 1 hour ago  » 
    Unable to access data storage it is greyed out on the menu screen.

Put the box into standby, wait until you hear the disk stop spinning (can take a minute or so), turn off at the mains, wait two minutes, then turn on box and bring out of standby. If it is still greyed out then I would be inclined to think the hard drive has died. Is the box still under warranty (two years if registered with Humax)?

| Mon 21 Apr 2014 13:28:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bluerreyes

Hi Martin,
    I did as instructed above and it is still greyed out. I will contact Humax today hopefully get somewhere with them.

Thanks for your help.

| Tue 22 Apr 2014 8:38:28 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Contacting Humax is your only recourse, Martin's suggestion(s) would usually give you access to menus.

| Tue 22 Apr 2014 10:24:31 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.