My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Not receiving DVB-T2

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

raichea - 10 hours ago  » 
    but the fact that the TV receives the signal without problem suggests the cabling is OK.

Experience suggests that is not correct. For some reason I don't pretend to understand the Humax boxes are more sensitive to cabling problems than other makes and there is plenty of empirical evidence to support the claim.

| Sun 5 Oct 2014 10:19:39 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gunner16

Hi,
    Looking at the Multiplexes and Channels on the Hannington Transmitter there is no channel 32, so I don’t think you will be able to receive any programs from there on that channel.
    Here is the link to the list of channels and frequencies.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannington_transmitting_station

| Mon 6 Oct 2014 14:50:14 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

gunner16 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi,
    Looking at the Multiplexes and Channels on the Hannington Transmitter there is no channel 32, so I don’t think you will be able to receive any programs from there on that channel.

It's just that no one has volunteered to update the site you linked to that 32 does not appear on your reference site.
    Try this instead
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/trade/RG26+5nl/NA/0/NA

| Mon 6 Oct 2014 15:58:17 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

I guess that demonstrates that you can't take Wikipedia as a definitive source of data... useful, but not always accurate.

Ch32 is definitely there... as I've said, my TV tuner picks it up fine.

Still on my to-do list:
    * Check soldering of centre pin in connector
    * Check cable quality

..and from Humax support:
    * Try another TV (the odds I'd give it for fixing my problem must be close to what I thought - and found - about reformatting the disk).

| Mon 6 Oct 2014 16:26:22 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

raichea - 7 minutes ago  » 

Ch32 is definitely there... as I've said, my TV tuner picks it up fine.

So what is carried on Channel 32? DigitalUK doesn't list it either see Link to DigitalUK. care to share the first part of your post code with us?

| Mon 6 Oct 2014 16:35:45 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

The original post refers to poor signal on bbc news HD, can you confirm that you receive bbc news HD on your TV with no problem whilst experiencing problems with bbc news HD on the Humax.

Also have you re-tuned the TV, if you haven't then the TV might be lying to you, re-tune if you haven't just to be sure.

Have you retuned the Humax with no aerial RF connection between the TV and Humax

I couldn't imagine reformatting the disk would make any difference either, I'd eat my hat as the saying goes, but I wouldn't be as dismissive about a different TV; however I'd imagine making sure there's no aerial/RF connection would suffice, but it's worth a shot

| Mon 6 Oct 2014 17:38:21 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

@damian:
    Yep.. TV receives BBC News HD no problem (and I have retuned). The Humax sees 0% signal on ch32, while TV is 100%/100% (signal/quality), both by switching the antenna cable and by feeding through from the Humax.

@martin liddle:
    I'm on the Hannington tx. Ch32 is Com7:

BBC A:
    BBC ONE South, BBC TWO, BBC three, BBC FOUR, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC NEWS, BBC Parliament, BBC Red Button, BBC RB 301,
    BBC RB 302, BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 1Xtra, BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 3, BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC 5 Live Sports Extra,
    BBC 6 Music, BBC Radio 4 Extra, BBC Asian Network, BBC World Service
    D3&4:
    ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, ITV 2, Channel 4+1, More 4, Film4, E4, ITV +1
    COM7 HD:
    Al Jazeera Arabic, CBeebies HD, BBC FOUR HD, BBC NEWS HD, Al Jazeera English HD, Community HD
    SDN:
    ITV3, QVC, Drama, Dave ja vu, ITV2 +1, 5*, 5 USA, ITV3+1, QUEST, The Store, Channel 5+1, Jewellery Ch., ITV4+1, Channel 5+24,
    True Entertainment, CBS Reality, CITV, Holidays TV, Rabbit, Gay Rabbit, 1-2-1 Dating, Capital FM, Absolute Radio, Heart, Television
    X, ADULT Playboy TV Chat, ADULT Xpanded TV, CONNECT 4, Peace TV, VuTV
    ARQ A:
    Pick, Dave, Really, E4+1, Movie Mix, Create & Craft, Food Network, Travel Channel, Gems TV, Challenge, movies4men, QUEST+1,
    Community, Sky News, Kiss Me TV , Proud Dating, talkSPORT, Insight Radio, ADULT smileTV3, ADULT PARTY, ADULT Blue,
    ADULT Babestation 2, Motors TV
    ARQ B:
    4Music, Yesterday, VIVA, Ideal World, ITV4, QVC Beauty, Rocks & Co 1, Film4+1, 4seven, BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, Al Jazeera English,
    RT, The Hits Radio, KISS FRESH, Kiss, KISSTORY, Magic, heat, Kerrang!, SMOOTH RADIO, Premier Radio, ADULT smileTV2,
    ADULT Babestation, VISION, CCTV, Sports, Propeller TV, Racing UK, Sonlife
    BBC B HD:
    CBBC HD, BBC ONE HD, BBC TWO HD, ITV HD, Channel 4 HD, BBC THREE HD

| Mon 6 Oct 2014 17:52:01 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

thanks for the reply, and I've no idea, I think most people thought signal drop off or interference, you seem to have covered most bases.
    Ideally, I suppose, if possible borrow another Humax, if that works then it's your original box, if not then it still could be local environment in which case test it at a neighbour's if possible.
    I still find it strange that your TV shows 100%/100% on com7 for signal/quality on what should be a lower powered channel. I think you've already confirmed that you've had the Humax connected directly to the aerial on its own with absolutely no other devices or feeds connected in any form to the aerial.
    It looks like you've exhausted most sensible options and you need to take the box elsewhere or get another box in to test.
    Let us know how you get on

| Tue 7 Oct 2014 15:34:30 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

Well, I haven't yet had time to check the cable condition and soldering, but here's a twist. The weather was much better today and for some reason I thought I'd give manual retune another go for Ch32 (atmospherics being one consideration for poor reception).

Bingo! Now the signal level is as expected (strength about 70%, quality 100%) and I can pick up the expected channels. So - two possibilities, I think.

1) Atmospherics... possible, I suppose
    2) Cabling - if there were ingress of water that could cause some problems but would it dry out so quickly?

| Wed 8 Oct 2014 22:54:05 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

thanks for the feedback,
    can't imagine water ingress as we've had the driest September for a long time and the problem appeared a couple of weeks ago.
    I'd still suspect interference; however the main thing is that the box isn't faulty, but without knowing the cause it leaves an uneasy feeling that it could return at any point.
    If it were my setup, I'd check the levels on the TV again and then again for the TV and Humax with the attenuator attached. Whilst it's working again it's an ideal opportunity to see if you can break com7. If you can't then it might even have been a transmitter problem

| Thu 9 Oct 2014 1:01:52 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.