My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Not receiving DVB-T2

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

raichea - 1 hour ago  »  the main muxes are 50 and 25kW... I've seen one page that puts Com7 at 10kW, but the page at http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/main/trade/PO30+4HT/NA/0/NA shows it at 36.7kW... sadly, I'm guessing 10kW is more likely to be correct. Still doesn't explain why my TV has no trouble receiving it

The 10kw was the original draft proposal for Hannington. Most transmitters had an increase in a later proposal and then when they came on line many were increased more than that.

Your aerial is likely to be a group E aerial which is designed for Ch 35 and above. In addition to COM7 being out of group and being on lower power both HDR-2000Ts I have used did/do not cope as well as the other receivers I have for weak signals.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 19:18:51 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

grahamlthompson: I'll check the soldering - good idea about trying feedthrough from the Humax... not going to have time to try it until Sunday, but I'll give it a go.

I did try the format suggested by Humax support - which didn't work, of course, as expected.

Luke: Thanks for the info. Regarding the antenna, our original was group E (IIRC) and we couldn't get Channel 4 on analogue - it was up in the 60's somewhere, whereas all the others (3!) were in the 40's - we had to switch to a wideband antenna.

I read your (or someone else's) comment about the tuners being a bit weak on the HDR-2000T. The puzzling thing is that it worked fine until recently, which is what is making me think it may be a fault on the box.

| Thu 2 Oct 2014 23:30:08 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

Decided to trhy the feedthrough tonight even though it's late. It works fine - that is, the TV sees good signal strength and quality on ch32 using the feedthrough, but the Humax still reports 0% for both. It must be a fault, surely?

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 0:26:07 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

raichea - 37 minutes ago  » The puzzling thing is that it worked fine until recently, which is what is making me think it may be a fault on the box.

Before DSO I lost some channels in the autumn and winter unless I used what I considered, back then, as a strong tuner. The seasons may not effect your reception but it is an additional possibility.

For my particular situation the addition of an indoor aerial booster would resolve the situation but this will not work for every one and is far from ideal as if that fixes it there are other better solutions.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 0:36:31 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

raichea - 10 hours ago  » 
    Decided to trhy the feedthrough tonight even though it's late. It works fine - that is, the TV sees good signal strength and quality on ch32 using the feedthrough, but the Humax still reports 0% for both. It must be a fault, surely?

Well it certainly means that channel 32 is not being affected by external interference.

Looks like the tuners in your box are a bit deaf, no guarantee another will be any different.

What wideband antenna did you use ? Is it a decent make and have you considered adding a variable gain masthead amplifier ?

The best wideband to use with a amplifier is a log periodic, thanks to the very flat response curve there's less risk of over amplifying the stronger mux.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 11:08:02 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gunner16

Hi,
    I had the same problem with the HD channels, when my Humax Freeview box retuned on the 3, September.
    You have to do a manual retune, and make changes in the HD Muxes in my case it was C54 and C31 on the Winter Hill Transmitter, look at the frequency and change it to the correct one, also change the DVB-T to DVB-T2 for the HD channels, you will find the signal strength will be good.
    The same problem happened again on Wednesday when the Humax updated again.
    It seems the Humax box searches the incorrect frequency and DVB-T2 on the HD channels.
    Hope this helps.

| Fri 3 Oct 2014 23:03:53 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

For my particular situation the addition of an indoor aerial booster would resolve the situation but this will not work for every one and is far from ideal as if that fixes it there are other better solutions.

I tried this as I happen to have an aerial booster that isn't used. No difference - I could see the increase in the signal strength on the channels I am receiving, but ch32 stayed firmly at 0% (even though the TV receives it fine.

| Sat 4 Oct 2014 19:33:46 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

You have to do a manual retune, and make changes in the HD Muxes in my case it was C54 and C31 on the Winter Hill Transmitter, look at the frequency and change it to the correct one, also change the DVB-T to DVB-T2 for the HD channels, you will find the signal strength will be good.

You'll see above that I have tried manual retunes...

Not sure what you mean by changing the frequency to the correct one... when I attempt to tune to Ch32, it preselects 562MHz, which seems to be correct. In addition, my TV receives Ch32 quite happily using the same antenna direct and via feedthrough from the Humax.

| Sat 4 Oct 2014 19:42:40 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

raichea - 1 day ago  » 
    The puzzling thing is that it worked fine until recently, which is what is making me think it may be a fault on the box.

Have you carefully inspected the aerial cabling looking for badly made joints, kinks or evidence of water ingress. You are assuming that the problem is the box but I think you first need to rule out other possibilities.

| Sat 4 Oct 2014 23:21:05 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

Have you carefully inspected the aerial cabling looking for badly made joints, kinks or evidence of water ingress. You are assuming that the problem is the box but I think you first need to rule out other possibilities.

Fair comment, and I'll take a look, but the fact that the TV receives the signal without problem suggests the cabling is OK.

| Sat 4 Oct 2014 23:51:43 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.