My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

not saving recordings in video list

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

normabrown

Just been given this as a gift. think it may be fauty. Is going through the motions of recording but not saving them in video list. Following instructins in book to no avail.

| Wed 20 Dec 2017 19:41:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Suspect you are using the video list option which is for your own videos either uploaded or stored on a connected usb device.

The option you want is the button marked media.

| Wed 20 Dec 2017 20:21:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

normabrown

Tried Media button, whch does not always work, having problems with this too! At one point when I did get in to it, it showed a recording I had taken from telly which lasted half hour, and it only lasted 1 minute, and of course it would not play. Another programme I had recorded did not even show there.
    If Media button not working then the whole thing is a no go1

| Wed 20 Dec 2017 21:38:08 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Can you describe the procedure you used to create a recording reservation in detail posting each key you pressed ?

Can you post the software version the box has installed ?

When you look the Guide, have you programmes with channel numbers over 800 ?

Was the box new ?

Can you pause live TV ?

TBH you aren't providing much in the way of background information to help to identify if the problem is with the box or the user.

| Wed 20 Dec 2017 21:46:56 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

normabrown

Hello, easy questions first. I think it is a refurbished set, but had not been used before being given to me. Box says Graded on it, I don't know if that means refurbished but gifter said it was refurbished. He bought it for himself a while ago then realised as he had Sky he didn't need it, at least that was his story and he put it in the attic. Gave it to me last weekend and I've been trying with it ever since.
    Channels go up to 793. Does this make a difference? Does it need updated, I thought that would have happened when we installed it.
    To create a recording reservation I followed the instructions in the book step by step. go to GUIDE, highlight a programme, press OK, selected 'record the whole programme' then pressed ok. The recording started as requested as indicated by the blue light changing to red (is this meant to happen?) then back to blue when it finished. I have also tried instant recording too, recording half hour programme.
    I can see from the Data that a recording had been made from the percentage of data used.
    Had trouble with the media button, only got it up once and saw I had a recording of a half hour programme which said it only lasted 1 minute and would not play.
    I can not get it to work at all now.
    I think problem may be with the control, or hard drive.
    I tried formatting, which instantly removed anything that had been recorded as indicated on the data used, which I expected according to the maual, but did not seem able to stop formatting, just rolled for over an hour and stil going round and round, so this tells me there may be something wrong with the disc.
    Itis an HDR-1800T, software version UKTFAC 1.01.16 update date 12 august 2015. Have just tried software update, it rolled round for a while saying searching for new software, then came back on to the channel I was watching. still 793 channels and still media button not working.
    I think I will have to give it back to the gifter and tell him.
    I know you are trying to help and I apologise if i did not give enough information at first, I was not sure how much to put as some forums do not want screeds of info, and I know the problem is not with the user thank you. I appreciate any help you can give me but I do believe now I have a dud. As it is refurbished I knonw this is not a problem with the manufacturer and if my friend had tried it before storing it he might have found then that it wasn't working but I think it is too late now for him to do anything about it (such as returning it to where he got it).
    Thank you for your help, even just writing this reply has helped me.

| Thu 21 Dec 2017 10:48:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

normabrown

PS can't pause live tv, it comes up with the barred circle in the top right hand corner.

| Thu 21 Dec 2017 10:49:46 #6 |
  7. black knight

black knight

special member

It seems most likely the hard disk is faulty, although it could be other problems.

Unplug the unit and open it up, and make sure the connections to the drive are all firmly in place, including the hard drive power cable that plugs into the system board. Once you're sure all the cables are in place then try it again and see what happens.

If that doesn't cure it, then it's most likely the drive is bad, and you'd need to replace it or just use the unit as a non recording freeview box.

| Thu 21 Dec 2017 11:59:37 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

9. User has not uploaded an avatar

normabrown

Thank you both for your help, I will try what you suggest. Am reluctant to pay for a new hard drive so might give it back to friend!

| Thu 21 Dec 2017 16:14:43 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Try booting it up several times. The units sometimes fail to recognise the hard drive functions. It does sound faulty though

Its a known issue with these units which are flawed. If its wont boot up after several tries and allow pause tv or a menu or recordings in media then something is seriously wrong.

I wonder if its the way 1800 and 2000Ts will eventually fail because something is below par about the hardware boards

I wouldnt stress yourself over it and just give it back. Ive learned to live with mine but Im far from a satisfied owner.

All the best

| Thu 21 Dec 2017 21:18:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.