My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

NTFS file system

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I have succssfully copied a TV and a Radio recording from the 2000T to an NTFS external drive and played them back

Page 32 of the User's Manual states that external NTFS USB file systems are for read only of MP3, JPEG and XviD.

I have 2 NTFS HDD and 1 NTFS flash. All 3 drives can be used to make a copy from the 2000T and the Digital TV/Radio recording played back from the device.

| Sun 3 Nov 2013 15:04:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

robsavva

I want to connect a HD to my humax box through the USB connection on front which I have done but it won't allow me to copy from the humax to the external HD as it says not NTFS??? have tried to different external drives? can it be done as want to move films across to free up space but still keep...HELP

| Sat 30 Nov 2013 21:45:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

robsavva

I want to connect a HD to my humax box through the USB connection on front which I have done but it won't allow me to copy from the humax to the external HD as it says not NTFS??? have tried 2 different external drives? can it be done as want to move films across to free up space but still keep them and play them from the external disk...is this possible...HELP

| Sat 30 Nov 2013 22:17:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

robsavva - 1 hour ago  » 
    I want to connect a HD to my humax box through the USB connection on front which I have done but it won't allow me to copy from the humax to the external HD as it says not NTFS??? have tried 2 different external drives?

What is the capacity of the drives you have tried?

| Sat 30 Nov 2013 23:40:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

robsavva - 17 hours ago  » 
    I want to connect a HD to my humax box

Which Humax box do you have?
    The HDR-FOX has in very small writing on the left of the front panel 'HDR-FOX T2' just to the left of 'Humax', and there is a protective flap over the front USB port.
    The HDR-2000T has 'Humax ' on the right of the front panel, and does not have a protective flap over the front USB port.

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 15:01:04 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

robsavva - 17 hours ago  » 
    I want to connect a HD to my humax box through the USB connection on front which I have done but it won't allow me to copy from the humax to the external HD as it says not NTFS??? have tried to different external drives? can it be done as want to move films across to free up space but still keep...HELP

With the standard firmware a HDR FOX T2 will read NTFS volumes but not write to them. The Custom Firmware add on allows write operations to NTFS and also lets you copy files directly to a PC.

Post 1 in this thread indicates the newer HDR-2000T now allows write operations with NTFS partitions.

| Sun 1 Dec 2013 15:07:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

robsavva

I have a HDR FOX T2- the HD drives I tried were both 2TB one was self powered and the other powered from the box-they both showed up but couldn't copy to them. My box is now starting to play up and show a dark green screen- this seems to go away when TV and box are powered down....HELP

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 14:45:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

robsavva - 51 minutes ago  » 
    I have a HDR FOX T2- the HD drives I tried were both 2TB one was self powered and the other powered from the box-they both showed up but couldn't copy to them.

Are the drives NTFS formatted? The HDR-FOX T2 will read from NTFS drives but will not write to them. Your options are to format the drives as Linux EXT2/EXT3 file system or format the file system as Windows FAT32 but that will limit the maximum file size to 4GB or install the custom firmware which has a package to allow writing to NTFS formatted drives.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 15:40:39 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

robsavva

the drives were NTFS formated and only 4gb seems small, the custom firmware where do I get it and how do I install it.....once its installed can I then write back to any HD attached?

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 15:49:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

robsavva - 26 minutes ago  » 
    the custom firmware where do I get it and how do I install it.....once its installed can I then write back to any HD attached?

Head over to Link to Custom Firmware Wiki and start reading. Once you have installed the basic custom firmware then you need to install the NTFS 3g package. It will allow you to write to drives formatted with NTFS, EXT2/3, FAT32.

| Wed 11 Dec 2013 16:21:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.