My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Nudging up 1 channel at a time in the Guide.

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I like the FVP-4000T, but my main gripe (apart from the sluggish interface) is still with the guide. When you get to the top of the channel list and move up beyond the top (using the central arrow keys) it jumps a whole page instead of just nudging the channels up one at a time until you have all the main channels on the same page. It used to behave correctly on the original firmware (and all other Humax machines I have had) and also when they made the big changes to the guide, but this issue appeared after the last update.

Basically the problem occurs if for example I am watching ITV and want to set some programs I used to move up through the guide so BBC1 was at the top, I could then see all of the main channels which made setting programmes so easy, now as soon as I get to the top it jumps a whole page with BBC1 at the bottom and a screen full of useless channels above. The only way I can do this now is to actually be on BBC1 which is a pain.

It seems that the arrow keys that used to just nudge up one line at a time now behave the same way as using the channel up and down key when you reach the top of the guide, you can no longer nudge down or up so you end up with BBC channels on one page and 3, 4 and 5 etc on another page which means they can never be displayed on the same page unless I am actually on channel 101.

Is this an issue that has been noticed by others and will get looked at do you think or am I stuck with it?

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 9:43:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Harters - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I like the FVP-4000T, but my main gripe (apart from the sluggish interface) is still with the guide. When you get to the top of the channel list and move up beyond the top (using the central arrow keys) it jumps a whole page instead of just nudging the channels up one at a time until you have all the main channels on the same page. It used to behave correctly on the original firmware (and all other Humax machines I have had) and also when they made the big changes to the guide, but this issue appeared after the last update.
    Basically the problem occurs if for example I am watching ITV and want to set some programs I used to move up through the guide so BBC1 was at the top, I could then see all of the main channels which made setting programmes so easy, now as soon as I get to the top it jumps a whole page with BBC1 at the bottom and a screen full of useless channels above. The only way I can do this now is to actually be on BBC1 which is a pain.
    It seems that the arrow keys that used to just nudge up one line at a time now behave the same way as using the channel up and down key when you reach the top of the guide, you can no longer nudge down or up so you end up with BBC channels on one page and 3, 4 and 5 etc on another page which means they can never be displayed on the same page unless I am actually on channel 101.
    Is this an issue that has been noticed by others and will get looked at do you think or am I stuck with it?

There is another way (not quite as simple as the arrow key but works)
    If you enter 101 whilst in the guide BBC HD will be the first item shown at the top of the screen.

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 9:53:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Interesting, I thought I had tried that and I ended up changing channels, but I will try again when I get home.
    Thanks

| Mon 6 Mar 2017 10:00:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

J_Oz There is another way (not quite as simple as the arrow key but works)
    If you enter 101 whilst in the guide BBC HD will be the first item shown at the top of the screen.

That worked thank you

Looks like another case of why have 1 button press to do a function when you can have 4 instead. Why even have the coloured buttons on the remote if they have no use? It really is hard to believe that Humax can make such a great machine as the HDR-Fox T2 and then bring out the FVP-4000T as its 'new' model.

I would forgive its little quirks if they could improve its speed, but I doubt that will happen, oh well, I guess thats progress

Thanks gain

| Tue 7 Mar 2017 9:09:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

divad

I find this really annoying as well !
    Barry - can this be fixed ?

| Sun 19 Mar 2017 7:39:49 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.