My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

OK button on remote does not work properly

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavidSC

I/m trying to put back into service my old Humax PVR-9300T, which has not been used for a few years. It works OK tuning and recording programmes, but the "OK" function on the remote control is not working properly: in the programme guide, I can select a channel but when I press OK it does not go full screen. Similarly when I select a recorded programme and press OK, it plays the programme, but it remains vignetted. I've put new batteries in, and I've done a reset to default values. Any bright ideas would be greatly appreciated.

| Sat 7 Jan 2023 13:51:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

There appears to be an issue with the AV settings on the PVR-93000T and the TV, or the TV settings. I don't have a PVR-9300T but I'm confident I could have reproduced what you describe by two different methods (1) changing the Humax settings within the A/V Control menu, or (2) changing my current TV's Screen Format settings.

On the AV settings on the Humax's A/V Control menu, check that the "Screen Ratio" matches your TV.
    Also check the Display Format on the same menu.
    (The A/V Control menu is accessed via the Preferences menu.)

If that doesn't fix it check what the TV is set to for the port that your Humax is connected to.

| Sat 7 Jan 2023 15:40:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavidSC

Thanks for your reply - I will try both those, but I note also that this condition is mentioned in the manual as the last item in "troubleshooting" - it says, to select the item and then hit exit. This works, so either it's how the box is designed to work (it's a long time since we used it last) or it's a work-around for one of the two possibilities that you mention.
    Thanks,
    David

| Sat 7 Jan 2023 17:09:17 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.