My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Old Humax works but new 1800T Wont - Why?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

We bought a new Samsung television (SAMUE40KU600) and, though we already had an old Humax pvr ( 9300T ) we decided to upgrade to a new Humax (1800T)
    However when setting up the system the tv worked perfectly, including HD channels, but the 1800T kept giving "No Signal" even the engineer could not get it to work.

We returned the 1800T because the old ( 9300T ) still worked ok but is now showing its age with intermittent problems. We don't know what to purchase now and we probably need model which has a tuner that's best at picking up weak signals as we live on the Suffolk coast where it is known to have a weaker signal.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

| Tue 25 Apr 2017 14:37:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LizMac42 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    However when setting up the system the tv worked perfectly, including HD channels, but the 1800T kept giving "No Signal" even the engineer could not get it to work.

To help us understand your problem could you on the 9300 whilst watching BBC1 press Menu and Select System and then Signal Detection; tell us the reported signal strength and quality.

We don't know what to purchase now and we probably need model which has a tuner that's best at picking up weak signals as we live on the Suffolk coast where it is known to have a weaker signal.

Could you give the first 3 characters of your post code please.

| Tue 25 Apr 2017 15:04:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 
    Could you give the first 3 characters of your post code please.

Preferably the first 4 characters! I.e. IP11, IP12, IP15, IP16, IP17 or IP18.

| Tue 25 Apr 2017 18:04:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi Lizmac42

Be careful with any brand loyalty to Humax. The 1800 and the 2000T arent really up to scratch in my opinion. I would be doubtful about the 4000 as well

Do try some other brands and do be prepared to spend more to really get what you want. I dont think it can be done at the £150 price level and you need to look higher.

Thats my best advice. keep your eyes open and get some demos

All the best

| Tue 2 May 2017 19:44:06 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.