My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Olympic Channel Recordings

(149 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I see the DTG still have to update it's OTA schedule for the Foxsat - which has nothing showing.
    DTG

| Sat 4 Aug 2012 16:16:41 #141 |
  2. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

Have downloaded the patch to fix the Olympics recording problem & most of my Olympics recordings are now working (from the new Olympics channels) BUT am now having failed recordings. This has never happened before. I would say 1 in 3 recordings fail. What should I do?

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 11:56:15 #142 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Muzer

Simple thing, but are you recording some programmes that overrun and go over the limit of things to record at once (ie, three different programmes end up being on at the same time)?

| Sun 5 Aug 2012 21:16:39 #143 |
  4. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

No, not even 2 things at a time.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 7:03:51 #144 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You do leave your Foxsat in standby at night?
    You mention "most of my Olympics recordings are now working" - if all are not I suggest a freesat tune.
    Finally what signal quality do you have on channel 999 (igbore sound on this channel)

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 7:54:02 #145 |
  6. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

No, I turn it off at night.
    I will try the Freesat tune when my current recording has finished. Will this wipe out scheduled recordings?
    It is not only Olympics recordings that are not working - it is others too - same problem as before the patch was applied. It starts recording and for some reason, simply stops with message "Recording failed. Reason unknown" or something like that.
    I don't think I have channel 999 but cannot do anything right now as I have something recording!!!
    What is frustrating is that the previous problem applied only to the new Olympic channels - this was fixed with the patch.
    And now recordings are failing both on the Olympic channels as well as other everyday channels, like C5 or More4 or whatever.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 17:18:24 #146 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Texan Dan - are you sure you have two feeds, connected correctly to the two outer connectors?

All freesat install have channel 999 - it is a very important data source.

| Mon 6 Aug 2012 18:57:22 #147 |
  8. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

Yes, all other recordings prior to the Olympic patch have worked fine. As I said earlier, about 1 in 5 recordings now fail, so if I didn't have the feeds connected correctly, then how could the successful recordings have worked?
    I did a Freesat Tune last night. Will monitor to see if scheduled recordings work or not.
    Doing the Freesat Tune brought back channel 999 and I have a good signal quality - about 85%.
    Will keep you posted.

| Tue 7 Aug 2012 8:02:16 #148 |
  9. Texan Dan

Texan Dan

Have downloaded the patch to fix the recording failure with the new Olympics channels. Since doing that, I now get some recordings failing (about 1 in 5 on BBC Olympic channels and also on C5, More4, etc.). This never happened before the patch.
    Have done a Freesat retune.
    All my recordings prior to the patch were successful, never had a single failure.
    Some recordings work (so it is not the cables connected wrongly) but some don't. And it is not that I am trying to record too many things at same time. Mostly it is one recording at a time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

| Thu 16 Aug 2012 19:06:18 #149 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.