My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

On continiously

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

My Humax appears to be on continiously even when nothing is recording and the TV is off. The front panel shows the time and the clock symbol and a red light and there is a sound comes from it like a disc revolving. It's not recording anything and I thought when it was off it should show the red light only. Am I wrong?

| Tue 14 Aug 2012 17:18:33 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Check Power Saving in Standby option is on via Menu, Settings Other.

Also the unit boots into an 'active standby' state approx 15 minutes before any scheduled timer, and would display time and clock symbol then.

| Tue 14 Aug 2012 17:45:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the Power Saving in Standby option and it is on. I didn't expect it not to be really as I haven't made any changes since I first set it up. With regard to the 'active standby' state, that is something I would see occasionally but this is all the time no matter what time of the day or night it is. When something is actually being recorded then the 'Rec' and clock symbol appear on the screen with the time. What I'm seeing is just the clock symbol and the time but no 'Rec'.

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 0:00:52 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Sounds like it is permanently in the active state then.

Have you tired switching power of completely for a few minutes?

If that does not fix it, then a factory reset might.

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 6:45:35 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

I'll give that a try later Barry. With regard to the factory reset doesn't that wipe all the recordings I have set up and indeed all the recordings I have already made? Seems a drastic step to have to take in order to rectify something that shouldn't happen in the first place with such an expensive piece of equipment!

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 13:35:39 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A couple of other things you could try:

1. Switching off the power for a few minutes.
    2. Enable then disable the power on setting.

A Factory reset will not delete programmes already recorded, but will delete your scheduled timers list.

Has not happened on my two units which I have had since launch.

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 13:55:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

Well I tried the switching off and on. Left it off for about 5 minutes but it made no difference. I've just switched the Power Saving in Standby option on and off a few times, which I assume is what you meant and it's now back to on. The unit is recording at the moment so I'll have to wait until that ends to see if it has made any difference. Another thing I have noticed is that when I open up the search function by pressing the blue button and then click on keyword, when the keyword list appears it contains all the keywords I've entered over the past week. This was usually wiped out each day when the unit switched off. It's clear now but only because I switched the unit off for 5 minutes. My main concern here is that if it's on all the time it will wear out a lot quicker.

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 16:36:28 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gozoman

Okay Barry that seems to have sorted the problem. Switching the Power Saving in Standby option off and then on again seems to have did the trick. Many thanks.

| Wed 15 Aug 2012 18:49:46 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.