My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

on demand channels - No or bad signal

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

atlime

HELP!!

im new to the forum but hoping someone can help...

My Foxsat hdr box has stopped getting on demand iplayer

All I get is ' No or bad signal' and then a blank screen. also fails from using red button when viewing bbc channels.

I have it connected to my router and is using DHCP, I can ping the box from a PC and have changed the router reservation ip, reset box and it picks up the new ip address reserved for it. So I know it is connecting to the router. Router has also been reset.

I have reset the pvr box and then a factory reset but still the same error!

is it possible to manualy tune the iplayer channel?

I also get 'channel scrambled' or something along those lines and that can happen on a channel being viewed or on a recorded programme. plus if I rewind to the point that froze with the error it wont do it again. I first thought maybe it had lost signal when recording but as its doesnt happen on same spot twice it cant be!

Does this sounds like a hardware issue ? and if so how do I get humax to resolve?

Hope someone can help as it makes me think I have wasted my money on humax

| Wed 27 Apr 2011 19:16:57 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

My first inclination would be for you to double check the downlead connections are well made at both PVR and dish ends and then check the dish alignment. Once you have sorted out the apparent reception problem then see if the iPlayer problem persists.

| Wed 27 Apr 2011 19:23:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

atlime

I never had a problem with the sky connected to the dish on same cabling. also its not a constant problem. when I was looking at the signal strength in diags it was dropping constantly... it didnt when I first started using the humax and after I did the factory reset thats steady again.

plus I didnt think iplayer on deman would be using the coax connection as it uses broadband connection? wouldnt have thought it needs to keep connection with satelite like sky boxes do as thats just so sky can charge you for sky+ feature.

I also have problems with the rewind function on live tv as it constantly freezes up when I try to use it.

is there an update for these boxes maybe? im on HPRSFCI 1.00.13

| Thu 28 Apr 2011 9:56:56 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yes there is a later Beta release version 1.00.15 see my post:

Here

| Thu 28 Apr 2011 10:30:25 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.