My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

on demand currently unavailable

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyda

how's topic said,I've got provlem with on demand ,when i try to get in I've got this msg "on demand currently unavailable" from 3 days ,im pretty sure i am connected as humax shows me network stats etc. few days ago all was good and I watched some movies on YT via my box,now when i try go into on demand menu i;ve got this msg,i didnt change any network setting or setting on humax box,just plugin it to new tv,all was good (without satellite cable coz i dont have it yet in second room) but all was good and day after on demand stops work,any ideas? now with out demand and singals as well box is useless for me ;/

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 17:43:42 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

lyda - 1 hour ago  » 
    how's topic said,I've got provlem with on demand ,when i try to get in I've got this msg "on demand currently unavailable" from 3 days ,im pretty sure i am connected as humax shows me network stats etc. few days ago all was good and I watched some movies on YT via my box,now when i try go into on demand menu i;ve got this msg,i didnt change any network setting or setting on humax box,just plugin it to new tv,all was good (without satellite cable coz i dont have it yet in second room) but all was good and day after on demand stops work,any ideas? now with out demand and singals as well box is useless for me ;/

Change your network setting again to automatic. It should request a new ip address.

Suspect the problem is related to the DHCP lease expiring. Frequently on your router in advanced settings you can assign a fixed IP address from the DHCP pool to the HDR-1000S's hardware MAC address.

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 18:57:35 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

What does it say when you go to Settings > System Info > Network info?

Also what does it say when you go to Settings > Network Connection?

| Wed 16 Jul 2014 18:57:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyda

sorry for delay ,was out of town.

Network info said connection type DHCP
    and next shows ip address,netmask,gateway,primary dns,secondary dns,mac address.

And network connection said Great u r connected,via WiFi to <my wifi network name> So all looks fine for me...

Back to 1st answer,i did not change anything for 1 year so why i need now? and not rl not like to do anything with router..

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 19:51:48 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Suspect that your router returned the IP to the pool and perhaps even reissued it to a visiting device. Typically they are allocated for 24 hours and frequently are renewed by the requestor when 50% of the time is used. By default if this happens before expiry the same address is reissued.

Most routers allow the same IP address from the pool to be allocated be creating an address reservation for the HDR-1000S's MAC address.

Not sure you will understand any of this but there is a setting on nearly all routers to achieve this.

If you have a lot of visitors you allow to connect to your network the router will begin to harvest expired leases and re-issue them.

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 20:29:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyda

Ive set automatic connect again but IP still same, i have pc and Phone only connected to this WiFi network, also reset my router, still cant Access to on demand menu BTW. Im not sure if this do any different but im on broadband internet via anthena on roof not landline

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 20:45:51 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Perhaps you could give this a go, follow this link http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-HD and download the HDR-1000s file at the bottom and follow instructions.
    I can't say it will but hopefully that will ressolve things.

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 21:06:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyda

Ill let u no if that help thank

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 21:12:53 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

lyda - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Im using 1010s 1tb,can i using this in my case then?

Yes, they're basically the same model except yours has WiFi built in.

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 21:21:41 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyda

4. Disconnect the product from the mains socket / remote the power cable from the rear.
    5. Insert the USB memory stick from your PC / laptop and connect the USB to the front or rear USB connection on the HDR-1000S / HDR-1010S.
    6. Press and hold the Channel DOWN button on the front of the product and connect to the mains / connect the power cable.

it's wird for me.. put usb when box is off and press down button ? then connect.. how it will work when box is off 0o trying to do this but download not appear..

| Fri 18 Jul 2014 21:47:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.