My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

On Demand not fully working

(9 posts)
  1. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Since the last update a couple of weeks ago I am no longer able to get On Demand TV channels, via the EPG nor the Menu.

The 4000T is connected to the internet and I can see Netflix, YouTube, & Internet Radio but the top row, where iPlayer, Demand 5 etc. once were, is now blank and greyed out.

I can still get the catch-up services on my Samsung TV, so it's not a major problem, but it is irritating as I prefer to just use the Humax for all my viewing.

| Sun 14 Aug 2016 19:35:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

That would really annoy me.

I know this is going to sound silly, but have you tried hard powering it off? Ie: Unplugging it from the wall.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 19:44:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Hi Stephenesque, I have the Humax 4000T triple tuner and I have had no issues with the demand service at all.
    Try has Luddym suggests, turn it off at the mains and reboot it, that should work.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 21:34:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

One other possibility, I'm just wondering if it is possibly an issue with the internet. Are you connected using WiFi or Ethernet?

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 23:27:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Stephenesque - 1 day ago  » 
    Since the last update a couple of weeks ago I am no longer able to get On Demand TV channels, via the EPG nor the Menu.
    The 4000T is connected to the internet and I can see Netflix, YouTube, & Internet Radio but the top row, where iPlayer, Demand 5 etc. once were, is now blank and greyed out.

Netflix, YouTube and Internet Radio are global. I wonder if the FVP-4000t for some reason is behaving that it is not in the UK as far a rights issues on the catch-up players is concerned.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 23:48:10 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

Thanks for the replies, and no it wasn't a silly question to ask if I'd unplugged the Humax, Luddym; I hadn't. However I have now and it's made no difference.

I am definitely connected to the internet via wifi as I can view Youtube via the box.

That sounds as if you're on to something, Luke, but I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe I need to contact Humax tomorrow for advice.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 0:30:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pj41

Hi,

Did you get anywhere with this problem as my (recently purchased) 4000T is exhibiting the same issue. The apps work ok when accessed from the Guide, but do not sohw on the "On Demand" page (other than the Humax ones, such as Netflix and YouTube)?

I did do a manual tune rather than an auto-tune (to make sure that I picked up the stronger channels) ..... could that be mis-leading the box?

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 17:12:04 #7 |
  8. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

This was the reply I got from Humax that worked for me. However when I got to the step where it says 'Allow Automatic Search' I stopped the search and, like you, I manually tuned it.

Please follow these instructions to perform factory default on a Freeview Play unit.

Please NOTE: System settings such as screen ratio will be reset and your schedule will be deleted but recorded programmes will be saved.
    Press Home on the remote
    Using the directional buttons move up (top right hand corner) and select Settings
    Select System Settings then Factory Default
    Choose Reset All Settings with the OK button
    Select ‘YES’
    Enter Password 0000
    The unit will restart, please allow up to 2 minutes for this to happen
    Please select 'Start now' & choose your preferred language
    Select Next and allow the automatic search to reach 100%
    When the option SAVE becomes available, press OK
    Please choose your Internet Connection Method
    Select Next on confirmation Screen
    Select "I agree to the privacy policy" and press OK
    Select "I agree to the terms and conditions" and press OK
    Choose Next
    Next, select your "Power Saving In Standby" preference and press OK
    Then select Next and press OK
    Then choose Exit
    Software check will take place
    Once finished scroll through the onscreen guide and press OK on the last screen
    This completes the setup

Best Regards,

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 18:07:48 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

pj41

Many thanks - followed the instructions and sorted, included manual tune of SD and HD channels. Went in and out of On Demand several times and all looking good.

Fingers crossed that they remain sorted.

Thanks again.

| Sun 18 Sep 2016 18:49:13 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.