My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

On Screen Description

(9 posts)
  1. PWB

PWB

I have an FVP 400-T. Can anyone tell me how I get an on screen description of a programme that I like the look of before viewing it please?

| Wed 18 Oct 2017 12:10:37 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PWB - 8 minutes ago  » 
    I have an FVP 400-T. Can anyone tell me how I get an on screen description of a programme that I like the look of before viewing it please?

See the faqs

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-access-info-on-programme-currently-on-air

| Wed 18 Oct 2017 12:19:03 #2 |
  3. PWB

PWB

Thanks its a bit of a pain because you can't see info about another channel. IMO they should putt on the EPG it would be far easier to access.

| Wed 18 Oct 2017 12:32:05 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PWB - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks its a bit of a pain because you can't see info about another channel. IMO they should putt on the EPG it would be far easier to access.

If I read the faq properly, Barry looked at BBC 2 HD programme info while watching BBC 1 using the epg. Simply by selecting any programme and pressing OK.

Presumably it should work for any channel

| Wed 18 Oct 2017 12:39:56 #4 |
  5. PWB

PWB

Yes but doing it that way seems a long winded way to go about it because when you scroll, you are shown a still of the programme you have to go into it to find it whereas if it was on the EPG it would be easier and quicker I would think

| Wed 18 Oct 2017 12:58:33 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PWB - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Yes but doing it that way seems a long winded way to go about it because when you scroll, you are shown a still of the programme you have to go into it to find it whereas if it was on the EPG it would be easier and quicker I would think

That would take up screen space and reduce the number of items you can see.

| Wed 18 Oct 2017 13:17:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

It is very annoying, especially when HDR-FOXT2 managed it.

I still can't believe they didnt bring back the i button on the 5000t considering how much it is missed, and the coloured buttons too!

| Thu 19 Oct 2017 8:19:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 

PWB - 18 minutes ago  » 

That would take up screen space and reduce the number of items you can see.

I disagree. The Humax displays 7 channels in the EPG with no info description and a background TV display which makes the EPG difficult to read. Compare that with say a modern Samsung TV. They manage to display 7 channels with a separate PIP window and the full info description as you move the cursor around, and all done very neatly so you can both read the EPG and watch the TV at the same time.
    I don't know whether Humax have imnproved this on the 5000 - would be interesting to hear.

| Sat 21 Oct 2017 4:39:57 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

This is how the HDR-FoxT2 guide works, 7 channels, PIP and a brief description at the top of the screen, then if you wanted full description you just pressed the wonderful 'i' button.

Two items, PIP & i button are deemed unnecessary on the 4000 & 5000 for some reason, along with the rapid coloured navigation buttons.... heaven knows why!

I know I must sound like a broken record harking back to the HDR-FoxT2 all the time, but it is a far superior unit with regard to speed and use ability. If it had the three tuners of the 4000/5000 it would be the perfect machine. Using our HDR after using our 4000 feels like driving a Ferrari instead of a Fiesta, instant & fast with zero delayed response to the remote.

| Mon 23 Oct 2017 8:11:01 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.