My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Only one sat cable being received

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Laytht

Hello

I have just bought a Humax HDR-1000s and have gone from Sky to Freesat. I plugged both satellite cables into the back but only one is being picked up on tuner 1. I've switched them round and then none were. I've since switched them back and continues with the setup. I can now only watch what I'm recording. Any ideas? I was gonna do a factory restore but couldn't find out how to do it!

Thanks

Layth

| Thu 9 Jul 2015 23:26:50 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

If both cables were working before carefully check the connectors.

Factory reset:

Settings
    System Settings
    Factory Default

| Thu 9 Jul 2015 23:32:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Laytht

Both cables were definitely working before. I've checked the connectors they seem fine. I only unplugged the sky box and plugged the Humax box in immediately after.

The option to factory reset doesn't appear on my screen! Is it now in a hidden menu?

| Fri 10 Jul 2015 6:37:21 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The factory reset option is disabled when recording.

I suspect a poor F connector - it is a frequent setup problem as the HDR-1000S only checks during initial setup. You will need to refit the F connectors - these need to make an electrical connection and they should be tight if the correct size for the cable was used.

Here is a helpful page - Ignore the silicone grease on the internal connection. Just try for a good electrical connection with no braid touching the inner core and a tight fit on the cable. http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

| Fri 10 Jul 2015 7:02:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

REPASSAC - 2 hours ago  » 
    The factory reset option is disabled when recording.
    I suspect a poor F connector - it is a frequent setup problem as the HDR-1000S only checks during initial setup. You will need to refit the F connectors - these need to make an electrical connection and they should be tight if the correct size for the cable was used.
    Here is a helpful page - Ignore the silicone grease on the internal connection. Just try for a good electrical connection with no braid touching the inner core and a tight fit on the cable. http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fplugs.htm

I can remember experiencing exactly the same issue when I moved from Sky to the Humax and as you rightly surmise the F connector was the culprit. Although it looked okay it obviously wasn't making a good connection. I suspect unscrewing and re-screwing was enough to disturb it.

I cut the cable back, started again and it's never caused a problem since.

| Fri 10 Jul 2015 9:06:50 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.