My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Opinions sought

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BignBald

Hi,

Just joined the forum. Apologies if this isn't the correct place...

I've owned a 9200T for some years now and overall it's not been too bad.

Now DSO has happened, I can get HD and I'm thinking of upgrading the 9200 to a HDR-FOX T2. But it's an expensive piece of kit and I'm wondering if any of the bugs and annoyances are common between the two devices.

The one that really get's my missus cussin' is that while chase playing a program that's recording it will revert to live TV when the recording ends, instead of the playback. This invariably happens at the climax of the film... then you have to go through the menus and fast forward to where you were watching to watch the end.

When you use series record it seems to record every instance of the same program it can find so you get all the repeats throughout the week. Surely it can identify a repeat?

Another thing it's been doing recently is losing recordings from the list or failing to record those that are on the list.

Sometimes it just seems to get depressed and goes away for some R&R. The only way to get it back is to power cycle it.

I'm just wondering if these complaints ring a bell with you Fox T2 owners? What are your pet peeves with your Fox T2?

Cheers
    John

| Thu 19 Apr 2012 19:37:39 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Chalk and cheese is the phrase that comes to mind when comparing the 9200 with the HDR T2.

Chasing playback is in fact playing a timer from the recorded programmes list, whilst it is still recording.

What you refer to is TSR - Time Shifted Recording, or playing back from the buffer, I do not use the unit in that way so cannot comment on that.

Losing timers from list, or failing to record those that are listed does not happen on the HDR T2 if you have it set up correctly ie tuned to one transmitter - caveat broadcaster errors accepted. The only failed timer I have experienced is when the programme was not broadcast.

| Fri 20 Apr 2012 10:30:54 #2 |
  3. mickiow

mickiow

Hi John,
    Welcome to the forum,
    I have had a Humax HDR-FOX T2 with 1 TB hard drive since August 2011 and was so pleased with it I bought a 2nd one a week ago.

I too was confused when watching a programme while it was recording and by fast forwarding through the adverts found instead of staying with that programme live it reverted to went to another channel.
    I do not know if there is anything a software update could do, I just leave the recording programme longer before starting to watch it.

I would also like to find a way of stopping all the extra repeats of series recorded programmes?

I have not lost any recordings the recorder has sometimes recorded a +1 channel because of possible clashes despite my trying not to have any overlaps, perhaps this is because of a recording time change?
    The recorder is good with programme time changes; I have no padding set on recordings.

Hope this helps a little,
    Mick.

| Fri 20 Apr 2012 10:52:27 #3 |
  4. athomson

athomson

special member

I have not had my T2 too long but it seems to sort out most conflicts by its self, either recording from 5+1 or 5* if Ch5 clashes even fron another day. Series link seems to be good and the green button 'book me' function is useful.

Andy

| Fri 20 Apr 2012 11:08:01 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Multiple recording of the same episode is normally down to the broadcaster incorrectly using the pair of crid (content reference identifier) codes used to control series recording.

Briefly

Each epg entry of a programme with series recording enabled has two codes.

A series crid which should be the same for every episode forming part of the series.

A programme crid which should uniquely identify the particular episode.

If a broadcaster assigns the same series crid to a repeat showing and a different programme crid then the pvr will identify the repeat as a new episode and record it. (GIGO - Garbage In Garbage out )

Using a secret menu you can set a HDR/HD FOX T2 to display the crids in the programme info.

| Fri 20 Apr 2012 11:46:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BignBald

OK, thanks people.

Seems to be a case of pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Cheers
    John

| Fri 20 Apr 2012 21:45:17 #6 |
  7. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » Using a secret menu you can set a HDR/HD FOX T2 to display the crids in the programme info.

How do you do that, then? Or is it so secret that, if you told me, you'd have to kill me?!

| Sun 22 Apr 2012 15:55:00 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

rkm_hm - 13 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » Using a secret menu you can set a HDR/HD FOX T2 to display the crids in the programme info.

How do you do that, then? Or is it so secret that, if you told me, you'd have to kill me?!

Menu, Settings, System, System Information, then press

RGYBGYB ignore the no entry icon on screen - Display Crid - Enable

| Sun 22 Apr 2012 16:10:19 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 5 minutes ago  » 

rkm_hm - 13 minutes ago  » 

Menu, Settings, System, System Information, then press
    RGYBGYB ignore the no entry icon on screen - Display Crid - Enable

Hope you sent the suicide pill Barry

| Sun 22 Apr 2012 16:16:01 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.