My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Output LNB possible to use for another TV?

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kenco8801

Hello
    I have a Humax Foxsat HDR with 2 LNB inputs and 1 LNB output. I used to use the output on my skybox to pass the aerial to another room in my house, however cannot get the TV to receive a signal using the output LNB on this Humax unit. Is it possible or not?

Thanks

| Sat 16 Jul 2011 16:37:46 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assuming the TV has a satellite tuner then technically yes.

In practice there are a number of problems.

The output from postings seen before, does not work well with long connections.

With the Foxsat-hdr on or recording the channel choice to the looped tuner will be determined by which band and polarisation tuner 1 is currently accessing.

With it off, the manual says that low power standby needs to be off to allow the looped tuner to pass it's control signals to the lnb. Again there seems to be some confusion whether low power sby should be on or off.

Don't confuse the rf out on a sky box with the lnb out on a Foxsat. The two RF outputs on a sky box exist because it has an internal modulator which adds the video and audio output as an analogue TV channel to the ones from your aerial which is connected to the Sky box rf in socket. Sky boxes don't have an lnb out connection.

rf1 out delivers the aerial signals plus the one the Sky box outputs to the local TV. rf2 out does the same but adds a 9V power suppply to allow the use of magic eyes which will control the sky box from a remote location.

If you want to do this on a freesat box you just need to add an external modulator which connects to one of the analogue outputs on the hdr (The Yellow Red and White Phono sockets are suitable)

The aerial goes into the modulator in and the aerial out to the remote TV. The foxsat's pictures and sound appear on an analogue TV channel whose frequency is set by the modulator. You need to choose one not used by your local terrestrial channel. In a post dso area this will be the only analogue channel the TV analogue tuner will get (unless you have other modulators in the chain)

Example

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RF-Modulator-Convert-Scart-Phono-TV-Aerial-RF-Coax-/200618144724?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2eb5c5f3d4

| Sat 16 Jul 2011 16:57:49 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.