My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Output to a second TV

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pgh1949

Just installed my 4000T and reasonably happy with it after having a Fox T2 for several years. One thing I can't figure out is how to watch recorded programmes on a second TV (in the bedroom). Yes there is a RF out which goes to the living room TV but on my old unit there was a SCART socket which I could output to a RF modulator feeding my bedroom TV. Is there anything similar I can do with this new unit?

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 12:18:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Yes connect a UHF modulator to the Yellow (Video) and Red/White audio RCA phono sockets. If the modulator you buy/have already only has scart you will need a simple scart adaptor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RF-MODULATOR-CONVERT-SCART-PHONO-TO-TV-AERIAL-RF-COAX-/311491269664?hash=item4886539420:g:TG4AAOxyvuVSHLo9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCART-Adapter-Audio-Compsite-SVHS-with-IN-OUT-Switch-/190507326528?hash=item2c5b1f1c40:g:NYYAAOSw1vlUuWRm

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 12:55:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pgh1949

Many thanks for a quick reply. Obvious really when it's pointed out! I've done as you suggest and yes, it works. Mind you the quality is poor but I suspect that's down to my setup here. At least I have something to work with now.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 13:23:14 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pgh1949 - 48 minutes ago  » 
    Many thanks for a quick reply. Obvious really when it's pointed out! I've done as you suggest and yes, it works. Mind you the quality is poor but I suspect that's down to my setup here. At least I have something to work with now.

Try changing the modulator channel, start at 21 and work up. The composite video output you are using is the same signal you would use if the box had a scart socket. If you are using the modulator rf in for Freeview you may need to fit an attenuator. Quick test is to try removing the rf in cable and then viewing the box output.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 14:15:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pgh1949

If you are using the modulator rf in for Freeview you may need to fit an attenuator. Quick test is to try removing the rf in cable and then viewing the box output

Yup! That fixed the picture problem. Actually I removed the RF Out and now the picture on the second TV is perfect. Thanks for the help.

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 17:36:46 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.