My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Overheating

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

redmic

I have just sent the following query to Humax support which I feel is possible future problem
    Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Humax FVP-4000T Ser No. HUMO-PR0030----------)=043083

About two weeks ago on a Thursday evening and then on the following Saturday evening whilst watching a recorded programme after about 50 minutes the picture started to flash, I stopped the recording and found that if was all the video outputs of the recorder were flashing eg the settings page and television output.
    I changed my TVs selection to its own tuner and this was ok but the Humax out was still flashing.
    A fingertip test at the front right of the Humax suggested that it was getting quite HOT.
    I switched to S/by and returned to watching the TV for about an hour and then returned to the watching the recorded programmes which were now OK
    On the Sunday I attached a digital thermometer to the hotspot of the humax and found that when ON it was reaching temperatures of 55’C with an ambient of 24'C

I have the Humax centrally located in an open compartment measuring 560 x 100mm
    I felt that the space below the humax to be about 8mm. I have increased this height by inserting 25mm lengths of 25mm tubing over the feet of the humax and now find that the max temperature to be 45’C

Do you have any comments/suggestions about this and what is the recommended operating temperature of the hard disc

| Tue 17 Jul 2018 10:46:02 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.