My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Oversized on-demand pages with YouView

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jane oliphant

My YouView, which is connected to a 3-year old Toshiba TV, works well except when I go to Players. When I click on to the home pages of any of these the text and images are very oversized and way off centre and so I can't make any selections. However, I can access what's on the on-demand channels via Search, and the programmes themselves play normally. We took the YouView back to Richer Sounds and it worked fine on their TV. Adjusting aspect ratio on the TV does nothing and we have tried various updates. I have drawn a blank everywhere: Humax support, Richer Sounds support, TV engineer. No-one has heard of this before and has no idea what the problem is. Help please!!

| Thu 25 Oct 2012 10:20:09 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I am guessing you have unit connected via HDMI

I no longer have a toshiba TV but if I remember correctly you could set aspect ratio for each individual HDMI input, and save the setting, using the 'quick' button on the remote, You have not mentioned model number, so this is a guess.

Try changing the HDMI input the unit is connected to, see if that fixes the issue.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 9:59:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jane oliphant

Hi Barry: Many thanks for the suggestion. The unit is connected via HDMI but unfortunately there is only one HDMI input. The Toshiba TV is model number 19DV615/19DV655 19in LCD HDR DVD. Any more ideas?!

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 15:32:16 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.