My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Panasonic Tv Code

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sheepy

Hi ive just had 2 replace my freesat remote as has been used n abused by the kids!!
    Now the replacement remote wont work with the tv. (Old one worked fine!) Ive tried all the Panasonic codes in the manual n not one of them work.

Panasonic TX-L39EM5B
    Freesat FOXSAT-HDR
    Remote RM F01

Remote was purchased from amazon so its a genuine one.
    Any help willing accepted

| Wed 16 Jun 2021 18:54:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

If the replacement is a genuine one there may be something work with it or perhaps it isn't 100% compatible.

You don't say what is actually wrong with the original remote control but if the use and abuse is superficial then the original remote control internal electronics maybe ok.

If you aren't returning the replacement as unsuitable, you could try carefully opening both up and swapping the circuit boards.

Gently clean the pad contact areas on the original and install the board in the new remote control case.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 6:57:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sheepy

Dino,

Its the circuit board in the old one thts knacked esp the media button plus a couple more. But will try n prise it open n inspect it. And poss swap over the internals if they r not as bad as expected.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 10:37:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Intermittent operation of the most used keys can usually be fixed by gentle cleaning of the contact areas on the the board and removing any hair and fluff from corresponding pads on the flexible membrane. Be careful when cleaning the pads on the membrane - the black material is what makes the contact when pressed so make sure not to remove it.

Cleaning the original board contacts and using the new membrane might solve both issues of intermittent key operation and the matching of the Panasonic TV.

When opening the remote the retaining clips are easily snapped if not careful. Remove the batteries and give the unit a bit of a twist to flex it. I think there are 3 clips on each side equally spaced so start prying in the middle of one side to free the first one then work your way round. I use a guitar pick (or a thumbnail) rather a screwdriver or similar.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 12:07:50 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sheepy

Thanx for tht tip. Ive got sum iphone repair kits in my shed which have a few picks n othrr bits. Will give it a try over the weekend. Ive got sum isopropyl alcohol is tht ok 2 use 2 clean the contacts??

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 14:42:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Isopropyl alcohol is quite commonly used to clean electrical contacts. Dip a cotton bud and use it to clean the contact areas on the circuit board - it'll evaporate as you use it.

Not sure about using a solvent on the membrane as I don't know what the black conductive material is made of. Gently wiping or blowing away any hair/fluff is safe but a more active cleaning might affect the conductive material that presses against the contact areas.

| Fri 18 Jun 2021 16:47:46 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.