My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

paralympics channels

(9 posts)
  1. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

I understand there should be some new para channels something like this ...C4 Para 1, C4 Para 3 I just did a rescan but they don't show up,

Any ideas most welcome.

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 17:15:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cazian

Hello sloppyjoe. I haven't done a rescan of my box, but a new category "C4 Paralympic Games" has appeared, when pressing the GUIDE button (as was the case with the 24 BBC Olympic channels. However, when selecting the "C4 Paralympic Games" tab, no channels are listed, just an empty grid. All the other genre tabs populate as normal. Can't see why the guide hasn't filled up, the box was left on overnight.

Anyone else having a problem accessing the additional channels, which I assume should now be broadcasting?

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 17:47:16 #2 |
  3. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

Thanks for your info cazian...I found them and did it another way.

I did a manual scan and sure enough all the c4 para channels showed up,, 5 actually. The I used Raydons software to edit the channels and unhide the c4 para ones and show them in Freesat !! So now I have them...It's a bit fiddly but doable.

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 18:03:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cazian

Thanks sloppyjoe. Shouldn't this just "work"? Didn't have to do do anything with the BBC Olympic channels, they just "appeared" back in July, with the box in Freesat mode. Will I lose my timers if I do a manual rescan?

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 18:47:38 #4 |
  5. sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe

special member

cazian - 52 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks sloppyjoe. Shouldn't this just "work"? Didn't have to do do anything with the BBC Olympic channels, they just "appeared" back in July, with the box in Freesat mode. Will I lose my timers if I do a manual rescan?

I guess it should "just work" but it didn't for me. I don't know if you would lose your timers, perhaps someone will respond who does.

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 19:41:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cazian

Update: Got the Paralympics channels doing a manual scan in non freesat mode. This doesn't lose the scheduled recordings in freesat mode, but on checking the manual, a freesat tune would lose the scheduled recordings. I read elsewhere that the Paralympic channels should appear from 150 onwards in Freesat mode, but there not there for me. I guess this is another bug in the software - after all, the Guide has automatically added a genre tab for the Paralympics!

| Thu 30 Aug 2012 20:54:58 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I got them without problem - the Foxsat needs to be in standby at 03:00 for the housekeeper to add them. If yours was then you had another problem.

| Fri 31 Aug 2012 2:51:05 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cazian

SOLVED: Made sure the box was in standby overnight last night(I now remember the automatic standby mode was overridden at midnight, as ironically we were watching the Paralympics opening ceremony, which went just past midnight. Both the channel numbers appear and also the programme details in the EPG.

Thanks Repassac - hadn't realised the box had to be in standby at 3am, I thought the box being powered was enough.

| Fri 31 Aug 2012 20:25:38 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The standby mode uses < 1 watt - you should place the HDR in standby when you turn off the TV. The automatic standby mode (like those on TV's) is more aimed at people who fall asleep.

| Sat 1 Sep 2012 8:29:16 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.