My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Partitioning an external drive

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rikki

I've just begun using a WD external USB drive.

It appears on my recordings screen with a weird name 'DEVO-001' which I'd love to be able to change.

In the absence of any way of creating user defined folders on a Humax (wow, this would be so useful in a future software update), I thought I'd at least stick all my films on to the external drive.

This I've managed (though it's painfully slow moving HD files).

Then I thought maybe there's a way of partitioning the external to appear as two or three drives, naming them 'Films', 'Radio programmes', 'Keepers', for example.

Is this possible?

I only have Mac computer here, and with something called Tuxera NTFS installed (which normally lets me read/write to PC-formatted discs), I can recognise the HD but it's name is 'Untitled' (not 'DEVO-01') and also there appears to be nothing on it (although I'm also told it's about 50Gb used.

So, my questions - can I format partitions using a Mac and how would I get their names to be recognised by the Humax? And before doing that, would I have to move all my films back to the internal or is there a way of archiving them on the computer - how do I get to see the files on a Mac (I don't mean watch the films - I know their encrypted - I just mean, actually see that there are files there, to back up or move).

| Fri 30 Sep 2016 9:38:17 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.